• Register Today It's free!

Seat Covers

usranger80

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Base
Anyone put seat covers on yet....just wondering if there are some custom fit ones out there they actually look good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone put seat covers on yet....just wondering if there are some custom fit ones out there they actually look good.

I have orderd my seat covers from Wetokole.

Best in the buisness, tailored to fit your exact seats. Put them in all my vehicles to protect my seats from my wet hunting dogs.
Check them out, they are a bit pricey, but worth every penny.

www.wetokole.com

I have orderd my seat covers from Wetokole.

Best in the buisness, tailored to fit your exact seats. Put them in all my vehicles to protect my seats from my wet hunting dogs.
Check them out, they are a bit pricey, but worth every penny.

www.wetokole.com

Could you post pics when you get them and have them installed....and you are right about being a bit pricey 760$ for all seats.

Just a word of caution to those with heated seats. The Owner's Manual has a warning that states; "Do not place anything on the seat that insulates against heat, such as a blanket or cushion because this could cause the seat heater to overheat."

Explorer seat covers

We are currently waiting on our 2011 XLT - build date 6-13. We have a 100 lb dog that will be in the new vehicle often. He mainly sits in the passenger seat. I was wondering if anyone has had to use seat covers for the 2011 yet. I have a 2003 XLT and over the years his nails have been rough on the seats so we wanted to prevent that from happening with the new car.

We are currently waiting on our 2011 XLT - build date 6-13. We have a 100 lb dog that will be in the new vehicle often. He mainly sits in the passenger seat. I was wondering if anyone has had to use seat covers for the 2011 yet. I have a 2003 XLT and over the years his nails have been rough on the seats so we wanted to prevent that from happening with the new car.
Personally, from a saftey point of view, regarding both the animal and the driver, I don't think it is a good idea to have a dog of any size in the front seats. Mine ride in the back where I have the Husky floor liner and are usually only in there when going to the vet or groomer.
Having said that, it is not recommended to use seat covers if you have and use heated seats. I know the issue of seat covers has come up before.
Use the Search option and search for Seat Covers. There is a post dated 03-20-11 by usranger that may help you. Good luck and welcome to the Explorer forum. :wavey:

i agree. guess cause i grew up that way and just old to break out... but its really hard to deny a little dog the pleasure of sticking his head out and recharging his nose to ice cold with tongue hanging out :D

Personally, from a saftey point of view, regarding both the animal and the driver, I don't think it is a good idea to have a dog of any size in the front seats. Mine ride in the back where I have the Husky floor liner and are usually only in there when going to the vet or groomer.
Having said that, it is not recommended to use seat covers if you have and use heated seats. I know the issue of seat covers has come up before.
Use the Search option and search for Seat Covers. There is a post dated 03-20-11 by usranger that may help you. Good luck and welcome to the Explorer forum. :wavey:

Thanks for the info. Our dog used to ride in the back until he was injured from someone rear ending me. We do use a seatbelt in the front with him. We are going to try again with the back since there is more room in the 2011. We are even think we maybe able to seat belt him into one of the seats in the third row seating.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions peterk9. I’m also glad to hear that your dog is feeling good enough to sit in the back again.

Cory

Thanks for the info. Our dog used to ride in the back until he was injured from someone rear ending me. We do use a seatbelt in the front with him. We are going to try again with the back since there is more room in the 2011. We are even think we maybe able to seat belt him into one of the seats in the third row seating.
Glad to hear that you are securing him. In that case I think either the second or third row seats would be preferable. With him weighing 100lbs, he would activate the airbag sensor for the passenger seat. This might cause injury to him if it ever deployed.

Agreed- he's a biggun! :)

I'd also camp him in the 2nd or 3rd row, with proper protection. In a collision, your seatbelt won't help him anyhow, and may actually make it much worse since that's not the body type the belt was designed for...

Agreed- he's a biggun! :)

I'd also camp him in the 2nd or 3rd row, with proper protection. In a collision, your seatbelt won't help him anyhow, and may actually make it much worse since that's not the body type the belt was designed for...
Hi Joe. I would assume that lexyb would be using the harness type belt that is designed especially for dogs. The harness itself I believe is secured to the seat. I've seen them advertised but haven't actually seen one for real. Also, with a dog that size I would think that a fairly heavy duty seat cover would be required to prevent damage to the seat material. Either that or 4 heavy duty booties! :D

Ah ok... We'll probably be looking for one of those when we get our Lab.

I can't decide between "Smuckers" or "Dammit" for a name though... :D

Will be getting my 2012 Ex base model soon and need to get some seat covers for the front. Anyone know of a good site?

Seat covers (2nd & 3rd rows)

Anyone know of some good seat covers for the scond and third rows of a 2011 Ford EX Ltd?

I have 3 boys and I need some protection from food and drink spills.

Not yet, looking for a cover or pad for my dogs, so they will not side off under braking

I went to Wallyworld and picked up some nice beige bucket seat covers for the 3rd row. They stay on through the folding operation and they stretch enough to allow you to pull up/flip down the headrest. I think they set me back $40 for two.

Coverking offers first row and second row bench. I have their neoprene (waterproof) first row in my Escape and they fit really well and look great. IMO one of the best cover makers around. Oftentimes their covers go on sale on Costco.com and you can save a boatload.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sewing mine.....

Back