• Register Today It's free!

Seat getting warm?

abaz

Reaction score
City, State
Coal Grove, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
My 2020 XLT does not have heated seats yet the passenger seat heats like it does. I have had the car for a little over a year and this just started happening a couple of months ago. It was not that big of an issues during the winter, but now that summer is coming I can imagine it will get pretty uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this issue?

Now that is odd. :dunno:

Upvote 0

My 2020 XLT does not have heated seats yet the passenger seat heats like it does. I have had the car for a little over a year and this just started happening a couple of months ago. It was not that big of an issues during the winter, but now that summer is coming I can imagine it will get pretty uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this issue?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you taken it to the dealer to have this issue looked at? A non-heated seat shouldn't have anything to cause it to warm up. If the seat is powered, perhaps there might be an issue with the seat motor causing it to heat up. Just a guess.

Peter

Upvote 0

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you taken it to the dealer to have this issue looked at? A non-heated seat shouldn't have anything to cause it to warm up. If the seat is powered, perhaps there might be an issue with the seat motor causing it to heat up. Just a guess.

Peter
I had it in for routine service at the dealership and mentioned it to the technician. He did not seem to think it was a big issue. The seats are powered and I did have aftermarket leather seats installed after we bought it. They were installed by the dealership.

Upvote 0

Back