• Register Today It's free!

Seat issue?

Billy Dunwoody

Reaction score
City, State
Culver City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
617 miles and the driver seat creaks like crazy especially on turns or if I move in the seat. Anyone else have this issue? I like the design id them but it feels cheap. Also, has anyone noticed any small bubbles in their paint? I have one small bubble on each of the rear doors. Appointment scheduled for Monday at the dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup, creaks with simple reposition in seat. they definitely are cheap like the rest of the interior. the hard plastic back can sometimes pop off the leather seated portion on mine--first time I've seen a seat so cheaply constructed. I find it pretty comfortable though but wish it had better side bolsters on the ST.

yup, creaks with simple reposition in seat. they definitely are cheap like the rest of the interior. the hard plastic back can sometimes pop off the leather seated portion on mine--first time I've seen a seat so cheaply constructed. I find it pretty comfortable though but wish it had better side bolsters on the ST.
I just wonder what Ford is going to say LOL

617 miles and the driver seat creaks like crazy especially on turns or if I move in the seat. Anyone else have this issue? I like the design id them but it feels cheap. Also, has anyone noticed any small bubbles in their paint? I have one small bubble on each of the rear doors. Appointment scheduled for Monday at the dealer.

Same exact thing on mine. Started about 1,800 miles or so. Did you have any luck with the dealer? It’s super annoying that it creaks so much.

I hope this doesn't become an issue all over. I have the unique fabric in sandstone and so far I have not had any creaking. But every now and then I can feel the lumbar cushion in my lower back "flex" when I accelerate sometimes when my weight is shifted rearward a little. It's not that much of an issue yet as long as it doesn't get any worse or happen more often. Other than that I was pleasantly surprised that these seats and the overall seating position was actually much better than the Aviator which has (seemingly) hundreds of different adjustment and position for the driver.

NO!! This can't be true.

...................Other than that I was pleasantly surprised that these seats and the overall seating position was actually much better than the Aviator which has (seemingly) hundreds of different adjustment and position for the driver.
Aviator 30 way adjustable seats. ;)

Peter

Does anyone has a squeaky seat ? My driver seat makes so much noise when a move it is very very annoying. I check and it looks like a bad design or i am missing something.

Does anyone has a squeaky seat ? My driver seat makes so much noise when a move it is very very annoying. I check and it looks like a bad design or i am missing something.

It depends how many pounds you weight Newport. If you are like over 250 then it might squeak for sure.

It depends how many pounds you weight Newport. If you are like over 250 then it might squeak for sure.
LOL. Nope 179lbs. I sit on the passenger and nothing happens. It should not happen for 250 neither. If you look under the seat their is a pipe and the seat plastic bracket wraps around that. I say bad design.

@NEWPORTNJ

Previous 2020 Squeaking Drivers Seat Thread - Click on blue colored link titled "Seat Issue?": Seat issue?

Your thread was merged with this one found using the 'Search' feature and identified in above post.

Peter

I wonder if ford is going to do anything about it....?

Not likely unless there are many more customers with the same issue. One way for Ford to gather info is from the dealers. That is why everyone with this problem should go and have the dealer check it out. Even if nothing is found, there will be a record of the complaint.

Peter

Just as an update because I forgot about it, the first time I took it in they couldnt verify the problem. The second time they said there is a tsb and they added foam or cushioning. The third time in June they called Ford and changed the seat pan with an updated design. The last trick worked until this past week and now I am waiting for an answer once they look at it after changing the transmission cooler

Back