Seat issues... 2001 Expo Sport 2DR | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat issues... 2001 Expo Sport 2DR

ExpoinLA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Figured I would post here and maybe an answer will come my way.

1. My passenger seat is "sticking".. its hard to pull the handle to bring the seat up using one hand or one method. If I get out of the vehicle and use both hands and move the round piece and the level, it moves, but its hard to turn. How do I loosen or grease the release on the passenger seat?

2. My driverside power controls seem to have stopped.. is this a cable loose? a fuse? Where do I check?

Kinda annoying I'm having issues with both seats and its a PITA to put the backseats down..

Thoughts?

See if the driver's seat is getting power. It's a 2-pin connector under the seat, one is ground, one is +12v. That will tell you if the problem is with a fuse or with the seat itself.

Regarding the passenger seat, I would remove it completely and the grease points will become obvious. Removing the seat is not hard. There are four bolts holding the seat to the floor and a single torx bolt holding the seat belt right behind the center console. Would also be a good time to clean the carpet underneath the seat and find some loose change.

Back