bills

Reaction score
City, State
State COllege PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
1995 Sport
Hi all,

Could be a fluke, but has anyone else seats malfunctioned like this? Mine will decide to run the seat all the way back to reclined. Maybe its memory recall issue or something like that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this on your '95 Sport? If so, you are in the wrong subforum.

Peter

No this is a 2020 ST.

There are two things I can think of. One, the easy entry/exit is enabled where if the driver door is opened the seat will move all the way back and raise the steering wheel. Or two, someone set a memory with the seat all the way back and may have also linked it to your key FOB.

I would just save and overwrite all three seat position memories for your liking and start there. Also, personally I don't care for the easy entry/exit feature so I disable that in the infotainment system menus.

Hello all great forum,

I have a 2020 ST (Blue), that I love but am having some issues with the drivers seat.
I just had the SUV detailed and since I got it back every time I turn it off the seat goes all the way forward. I have tried resetting the memory positions and seat position associated with the FOB but it is still doing it. I am about to try the easy entry option, but can't imagine easy entry would push the seat all the way forward.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

I keep having to reprogram the seat memory for my key. I have the platinum package. I get in the car, put the seat in the position I want. I then hold the #1 button for about 5 seconds until it beeps twice. The seat goes to the proper position when I leave and lock the car for a couple of days, and then it goes back to sliding way too far forward. I repeat this process and it keeps happening over and over. The same thing happens with my wife's key when she programs the #2 button. The seat position is too far forward for her too, so it is not a problem where the seat goes to the other person's desired location.

This is getting very annoying. Anyone else with the same problem? Any suggestions? If I take it in, the technician will be able to program it and will tell me he can make it work, which is true for that day, but will not be true later in the week.

Hello all great forum,

I have a 2020 ST (Blue), that I love but am having some issues with the drivers seat.
I just had the SUV detailed and since I got it back every time I turn it off the seat goes all the way forward. I have tried resetting the memory positions and seat position associated with the FOB but it is still doing it. I am about to try the easy entry option, but can't imagine easy entry would push the seat all the way forward.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Is the easy entry turned on? Uncheck it and try that.

Is the easy entry turned on? Uncheck it and try that.

Yes I turned it off and that appeared to "fix"...I am tall and like that feature so I guess I need to figure out how to reset the easy access options.

I've had a kind of similar experience. Let's say I'm sitting in the Explorer waiting for a loved one in a store or something and some time has passed and I now want to recline for a bit. I'll run the seat back and then when it is time to go I'll hit the #1 button to bring the seat back to where I like it. Nothing happens so I manually run the seat back back up close to where I like it. Here's the fun part. After some time passes, maybe even enough time to start driving again, the seat will adjust itself. Presumably to the actual #1 position.

Next time, see if opening and closing the driver's door and then press #1 to see if there is any difference. Just a thought.

Peter

Yes I turned it off and that appeared to "fix"...I am tall and like that feature so I guess I need to figure out how to reset the easy access options.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Easy Entry/Exit should move the seat all the way back when you turn the vehicle OFF. It should not move it forward.

Peter

When waiting in car with engine off the power will cycle off after about 10 mins. When you re-power the system it will resort to saved seat settings.
I set 3 memory to exit, ie seat down, back reclined and steering up.

I had my dealer upload new firmware for 3 controllers in Jan. One of them was the seat controller and after they loaded that firmware the seat would try to move all the way forward when shut off instead of all the way back. There is a TSB specifically for that they need to use to fix that issue (if it is the same issue I was having).

Glad to see I'm not the only other one with this issue. Guess it's to the dealer AGAIN

I also have constant issues with the seat memory. I've had situations where I set all 3 buttons the same, and when button 1 starts remembering the wrong position, I tried the other 2 buttons and they were messed up too. I haven't determined any pattern, but I know over time it gets messed up. I also see no pattern as to when it actually recalls the seat position on its own. Seems like sometimes it does and sometimes not. I thought it would do it every time you enter or start the car, but seems like it doesn't always return to the programmed position.

I had my dealer upload new firmware for 3 controllers in Jan. One of them was the seat controller and after they loaded that firmware the seat would try to move all the way forward when shut off instead of all the way back. There is a TSB specifically for that they need to use to fix that issue (if it is the same issue I was having).

I am having the exact same problem happening now. The seat moves forward when the car is turned off and will no longer go all the way back like before. I can't fully tell from your post. Are they able to fix the firmware now if I take it to the dealer?

I am having the exact same problem happening now. The seat moves forward when the car is turned off and will no longer go all the way back like before. I can't fully tell from your post. Are they able to fix the firmware now if I take it to the dealer?

There is a TSB that tells them what to do in the case where it goes forward. The tech at my dealer had to look for it but was able to find it and that resolved the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a TSB that tells them what to do in the case where it goes forward. The tech at my dealer had to look for it but was able to find it and that resolved the issue.
Any chance you would have the TSB number on the invoice/work order?

Peter

Back