• Register Today It's free!

Seat Question

SCMark

Reaction score
City, State
Anderson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997XLT
I have a '97 XLT with the tan leather interior. The seats are definately showing their age. One of my options is to do a junkyard seat swap. What are the year ranges for interchangable seats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive asked this question before...a few times. I dont think youre going to get a response lol.

Technically, you can swap the seat itself from a 1991-2001 4 door or a 1991-2003 Sport, or a Sport Trac front seat onto your sport frame (high slide frame). You may have wiring harness issues to work out so grab both ends of the wiring of the seat you pull, and the 1995-1996 Tan will not match the rest of your truck. For perfect match you will need a 1997-2001 Sport seat (so the backs tilt forward as the 4-door seats do not) the 2001+ Sport has a different fabric and stitching unless you replace all of the front and rear seats.

Hey Joe can you just swap the bottom cushion? thats all I really need I just wondered it could just be swapped from another seat.

As long is it is from the same side with the same options (i.e. if it was a driver's side power seat in yours you need another driver's side power seat as the controls come out of a hole in the side of the cushion and the l/r trims are different on the driver/passenger sides.)

Back