• Register Today It's free!

Seat/seat fabric swap questions

TrevoJreal429

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I've got cloth seats in my 2000 xlt, both recline levers are broken and the lumbar support doesnt work.
I found a set of front leather seats for $50 and they have the stronger recline levers/ lumbar support dial thing.
The back leather seat was already sold and I cant find one closeby.
Is it possible to remove the leather from the seats and put the cloth from my seats on the good seats?
Or should I just try to find a leather back seat to match.
I dont really have a preference of cloth or leather I just want the lumbar and recline to work.
I just started school and I have to drive 30 miles each way, the seats I have now are not the most comfortable with the lumbar support all the way deflated.

Thanks much.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could always just buy seat covers to cover the leather, and get a matching bench cover. That'll save you from having to look for a new back seat.

I thought of that, im trying to do it in the most cost effective way possible.
Im not that worried about the seats matching, but im sure if I ever tried to sell my explorer someone would care.
If I have to i'll just get a back seat for $50-$75 instead of cheap hot seat covers.
I've got the time and tools to swap fabric if its possible I just want to know if anybody has done it/ how.
Thanks much.

Am I really the only person on here that ever thought of doing that?

Well, maybe so, I kinda do it in "reverse".

I have leather, and would prefer cloth. I was looking for a complete swap (2-door Sport) for more than a year now, hopefully it will go through this weekend.

Greetings!

Back