Seat swap 2004 with 2002 explorer now air bag flashing light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat swap 2004 with 2002 explorer now air bag flashing light

forthvacav

Reaction score
City, State
Goochland, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Bought 2004 XLT for my daughter the seats where in pretty bad shape. Went to local salvage yard and found a 2002 with real nice seats. Did seat swap driver all plugs matched up and I believe no problem the passenger had one plug the round one like the 2004 but the other plug had been broken and not sure what it looked like but the 2 wires going to it where different colors then the 2004 plug. So I clipped the plug off the 2004 and hooked the wires up. Get flashing air bag light no matter which way I hook up the pair of wires. It is not but 2 combinations you can wire and neither work. So I know someone out here has done this before and probadly had same problem as I do. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it flash 33 or 34 times? 33 times is driver seatbelt tensioner, 34 is passenger steatbelt tensioner. Just make sure all the connections are plugged in. Most likely it is the red and black wires that bend at a 90* angle that plug into the tensioner. Make sure those clips are not broken.

It was code 33 so I replaced the cable to the sensor with the old cable off of the original seat. Now everything is good!
Thanks for the help and information! :chug:

Back