• Register Today It's free!

Seat Swap Airbag Question

Aronedu1

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
PIU 2014
Curious if anyone could help me with this one. I have replaced the seats for the car, and had the light come on since day 1.

I wanted to know if anyone had made a change to the passenger seat.

The new seats appear to have a different mount ( Floor for the PIU vs Seat level) where part #6 extends. They appear to have a latch visible via the hole where the seat belt would originate and there is a cover on the right hand by the number 3.

Anyone know if that is to be re-wired so that the cable coming out of the Seat Belt Pretensioner connects back to that? I have no idea since it appears pretty tight.

Everything else appears to have been plug and play, but the wire that extends out of the Seat Belt Pretensioner plugs to a harness already.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I am closer to figuring this out. I think the issue is that my seats likely came from a 11-12 model which had a different seat tensioner system.

I think it will likely mean a rewiring of the harness or having to put the old seat back or make a mismatch of both seats either by installing the new skin on the old seat or maybe using the ols seatbelt in the new seats or something like that.

I'm having the same issue. This might simply be the sensor problem. PCM might not recognize the sensors and those might have to be programmed with ForScan. I have not addressed to issue yet but will have to when I start driving it as my daily.

I'm having the same issue. This might simply be the sensor problem. PCM might not recognize the sensors and those might have to be programmed with ForScan. I have not addressed to issue yet but will have to when I start driving it as my daily.
Any update?

I have resolved issues with Airbags with both of my PIU's - both had fault codes stored in the memory - both were erased with ForScan.

I have resolved issues with Airbags with both of my PIU's - both had fault codes stored in the memory - both were erased with ForScan.
That's great. could you explain how to do this?

I'm going to have to get back to you on this one - I'll get my scanner connected to make sure I am pointing you in the right direction. Will not be possible until early next week though. Remind me if I forget.

I'm going to have to get back to you on this one - I'll get my scanner connected to make sure I am pointing you in the right direction. Will not be possible until early next week though. Remind me if I forget.
Will do. Thanks

Dre, I installed 2017 Limited seats in my PIU and learned that the seat rails are different for the ‘17 limited leather seats with heated and cooled from the ‘16 PIU, I forced the rail to feed the bolts and it’s a bit difficult but it’s in there now. I’m receiving RCM, IPC, and OCS Errors. RCM B0050, B0052, B00B5, B00C5 and IPC U0452 along with OSCM unable to read DTC.

I know the seatbelt tensioners are different, the plugs themselves are different. So that’s out of the picture I left the seatbelt buckles in from the limited I guess I’ll have to find the as built data and program the seats in because as of rn I the front passenger seat has reverse polarity and seat needs to be controlled in reverse. For example to move the seat forward you have to pull backwards to lift it up you push down etc...
Me or Dre?

*Update* I have since gone into the RCM and cleared out codes B00B5 and B00C5 I just told the RCM that the passenger and driver seat track sensors are not present. I have two more new codes that popped up I’ll add them later

Dre, I installed 2017 Limited seats in my PIU and learned that the seat rails are different for the ‘17 limited leather seats with heated and cooled from the ‘16 PIU, I forced the rail to feed the bolts and it’s a bit difficult but it’s in there now. I’m receiving RCM, IPC, and OCS Errors. RCM B0050, B0052, B00B5, B00C5 and IPC U0452 along with OSCM unable to read DTC.

I know the seatbelt tensioners are different, the plugs themselves are different. So that’s out of the picture I left the seatbelt buckles in from the limited I guess I’ll have to find the as built data and program the seats in because as of rn I the front passenger seat has reverse polarity and seat needs to be controlled in reverse. For example to move the seat forward you have to pull backwards to lift it up you push down etc...

The passenger seats connector is the ‘17 Limited vs the ‘16 PIU

3BBFB1B0-FE29-4C6F-B064-6E79F61A639C.jpeg

468250F2-587F-4893-88F5-80BE0D9B29E5.jpeg

*Update* I have since gone into the RCM and cleared out codes B00B5 and B00C5 I just told the RCM that the passenger and driver seat track sensors are not present. I have two more new codes that popped up I’ll add them later
How do you get into the RCM? I couldn't find it in forscan.

Hey Dre, did you ever get a chance to check out how you fixed this in forscan?

Back