• Register Today It's free!

second brake resivor?

viper1314

Reaction score
City, State
weston,wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
I have had this truck for 4 years, and the other day while chaning out the thermostat and waiting for it to warm up, I was lookin around the engine and found this second brake resivor tucked in behind the master fuse box/relay box. It says only put in Dot 3 brake fluid etc etc, the hose that comes out of it appears to go under the truck on the drivers side.

1st... what is it ? emergency brake fluid maybe?
2nd.... why is it so hidden?

my emegerncy brake is crap , so that might explain it , if its out of fluid.
I think it would be pretty hard to fill the thing up being tucked under the fender like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you have standard transmisson it should be for your clutch

It should be for the hydraulic clutch and it should seldom need filled unless your clucth is starting to get fairly worn and due for replacement. So just be careful not to get stuck out there with no way to move.

On some model years, they substitute DOT-3 brake fluid for blinker fluid... you know, the same way they use auto trans fluid for the power steering...

just joshin'... Yeah, it's the clutch reservoir. If you ever need to add anything to it, odds are it's too late and the slave cylinder is shot and leaking.

-Joe

Back