• Register Today It's free!

Second Row Bucket Seats

acromm

Reaction score
City, State
Gallatin, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
My husband bought me a 2013 Explorer Sport. We replaced the second row bench seat with bucket seats from a 2015 Explorer (unknown trim level). The connectors for the wiring under the seats is different. My husband looked it up and these wires go to the inflatable seatbelts. Is there an adaptor or anything I can buy to have them connected again? Please help!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did the bench seat have the inflatable belts or is this new with the buckets? The wiring would seem to indicate that they may require a power source of some kind which would be lacking if the beach did not have the same belts. The seats with inflatable belts have a canister of compressed gas which inflates the belt, but exactly what triggers is what I'm not sure about.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did the bench seat have the inflatable belts or is this new with the buckets? The wiring would seem to indicate that they may require a power source of some kind which would be lacking if the beach did not have the same belts. The seats with inflatable belts have a canister of compressed gas which inflates the belt, but exactly what triggers is what I'm not sure about.

Peter
Thank you!! Yes, the vehicle has the inflatable seatbelts. They have different plugs for connecting the seat to the vehicle. I was hoping to find out if there is an adapter to connect them.

I've not read about any adapters for this in the Forum. Perhaps some members may be familiar with that. Have you checked with a dealer?

Peter

Back