• Register Today It's free!

Second Row Buckets

Thelt

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
I read in the 3rd row thread that some have modified their Explorers removing the second row bench and replacing with two bucket seats. How hard is this to do? Can you use bucket seats from the front of an Explorer for this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clarification my '04EB came with Quad Buckets from the factory. To be honest all the Explorers I've looked at in the local area don't have them. Most Monty's may have them too not sure of the color?? . You will need the seats and brackets.
Jim

Iv only seen them in Aviators, but heard there are explorers out there with them as jrford said.

Here are some links to a couple aviators on ebay with picures of the 2nd row buckets with console between them

Me likey

click here

click here 2

createimage.php

Here are the pics of the Quad Buckets in an '04 EB Explorer.

Attachments

• img024.jpg
    img024.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 9,061
  • img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,058
  • img023.jpg
    img023.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 5,175
  • img025.jpg
    img025.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,274

Here are the pics of the Quad Buckets in an '04 EB Explorer.

So what happened to your 2nd row center console?

And no offense intended.. but I thought my X was a mess inside :confused:

Console for the 2nd row is in the garage, the open space is where the Lab sits. Non taken - Can you tell where my 4yr old sits, thats her mess . . .and its been a while.

Console for the 2nd row is in the garage, the open space is where the Lab sits. Non taken - Can you tell where my 4yr old sits, thats her mess . . .and its been a while.

Too funny, my little girl just turned 1, so I guess I have this to look forward to too!

If i'm not mistaken a few have done this on 2nd gens using taurus seats and custom brackets. I'm tryin to think of a way to do rear buckets and still have them be able to fold down.

I like the idea of having the two buckets and no console. That would make access to the third row much easier. I would want to cover that gap in the carpet with something though.

I usually use an old car mat that matches. You might not be able to tell but there is a gallon of used motor oil in the carpet which the catch-all floor mats didn't catch . . . I have been thinking about replacing the carpet with a rubber floor as its better suited for camping/fishing.

If I could find a set of those bucket seats fairly cheap I would do that mod.

If i'm not mistaken a few have done this on 2nd gens using taurus seats and custom brackets. I'm tryin to think of a way to do rear buckets and still have them be able to fold down.

:D

IMG_1949_Small_.jpg

Most guys seem to be using Explorer seats. They're alot easier to do that way on a gen2.

I wonder how hard this would be if you did it with a set of front buckets from an explorer? The brackets would be the hard part I would think. Finding rear buckets with the brackets from an explorer without paying a big chunk of change for them is unlikely.

After looking at my back seat I think I can just take out the center section to get this effect. My seat is split into three pieces. If I take out the center section then I will be like having two bucket seats.

Well I did that mod. It worked pretty well. I had to modify the way the seat belts mount to get it right though. They were originally attached to the center part. It was not hard to mount them to the outside seats though. I will try to put up some pics.

Back