Second row seat folding forward when unlocking? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Second row seat folding forward when unlocking?

lacartus

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
This is driving my wife crazy. Sometimes, when she opens a door, the 2nd row seat on that side will fold and slide forward as if someone had hit the button on the top of the seat. She has tried replicating it in different situations, but it’s not consistent. Sometimes it does it when the front door is opened, sometimes the backseat. We changed the setting for convenience entry on her saved seat settings and it seemed to stop it. However, I drove it and saved my seat settings with the #2 button and she says it has now started doing it again. Not sure if my setting the second seat position had anything to do with it, but convenient entry is disabled on both settings. We also folded down the 3rd row, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. Any ideas? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No idea, have not experienced this and you are the first to mention it.

Thanks, I’m going to try and get her to catch it happening on video, since it would be hard to replicate at a dealer visit.

Had this problem with the passenger side 2nd row seat. Service center claimed they replace a switch of some sort. The seat would be forwarded and folded upon entry of the vehicle. I “set” it back into place with some force and it hasn’t repeated the problem.

We're having the same problem. It's the button getting stuck ever so slightly. If I pull up with my finger tip, I can feel a light click on the front when it releases.

We're having the same problem. It's the button getting stuck ever so slightly. If I pull up with my finger tip, I can feel a light click on the front when it releases.

BINGO! I experienced this the first few days I had my vehicle. The release button felt depressed or stuck in the housing and I did pull it out with my fingertips as well. It hasn't happened since. The button should have some travel and think it should pop back after releasing and sometimes got stuck. I honestly thought I had pressed it too hard repeatedly when testing it out my first day. The scary thing was if you're alone and it pops it scares the crap out of you, like someone in the car is lunging! LOL

Back