Section525 '96 XLT V8 4WD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525 '96 XLT V8 4WD

Dead Link Removed
Section525 - Red Bluff - CA
1996 Explorer XLT 5.0L 4x4

Dead Link Removed

Motor/Drivetrain Specifications
302CI
GT40P Head Swap
Torque Monster Headers
FMS E-303 Camshaft
FMS 1.6 Roller Rockers & Valve Springs
K&N Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust
4R70W w/ Advance Adapters output shaft and housing
BW1354 Manual Transfer Case

Axles & Suspension
Front Dana 44 from a Jeep Wagoneer
5-Lug Conversion
ARB Locker
4.88 Gears
Rock Equipment Knuckles
Sky Manufacturing High Steer Arms
Fox 14" Reservoir Shocks
JC Whitney 5-leaf Waggy Springs
Custom Stainless Brakelines

Rear 8.8 LSD
4.88 Gears
Spidertrax Wheel Adapters
Warrior Shackles
Pro Comp AALs
SOA

37" IROKs on 15x8 American Racing Bajas

Extras
ARB Compressor
Warn xd9000i Winch
Rock Sliders
Front Shackle Tow Points

Interior
Quad Bucket Seats
Extra Oh **** Handles

Future Mods
Rear Winch
Cage
Rear ARB
Hydro Assist

My SAS Thread #1

My SAS Thread #2

My SAS Registry

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Stock
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they match the factory lights well?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

your before/after up there looks like two different color vehicles! is the lighting just crazy on the "before"? anyway, nice looking truck! good call with the pinstriping..

Yeah.. the lighting and digital camera were both pretty bad. But it is the same truck. I'll post a better picture of it without the pin striping tomorrow.

Thanks for the comps!

No pin stripe pics on my website!

couple quick questions about your ride man, if you dont mind. first tangent... whered you get the headers, how much, and what kinda performance are you getting out of your v8 now?

also, what kinda gas mile you getting on that life, thanks in advance, ive never liked green cars, but i can honestly say, yours is the first green vehicle thats ever dropped my jaw, VERY impressive

Thanks Liquid!

I got my headers from fordpartsnetwork.com
Contact Torrie @ torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com and let him know you're with the forum. I got them shipped to my door for $181.99

The performance now is much better. My 40mph to 65mph is much quicker. I feel nothing but good things about these headers. As far as gas mileage... I'd say I'm getting about 15mpg or so. Its hard to tell exaclty because my speedo is pretty far off.

Again, thanks for the comps!

thanks for the quick response.. i suppose i should just search for it, but how the hell do you correct the speedo? thats about the only thing stopping me from jacking up the limited, i know it can be done though

i haven't seen this thread until right now. does this mean that they actually still have the headers in stock? i would be very interesting if they were still around at fordpartsnetwork

You can buy a new speedo gear. I heard they're only like $7 or so. I also heard they're pretty easy to install. It's just not one of my top priorities...

Expo5.0 I just got mine late last month. I'm sure you can still get 'em.

thanks man, anyone have any idea where? also, who wants to see if we can set up a group buy for headers.. the demand is there

Got some clear front corners on!

What do you think?

Attachments

• clears.jpg
    clears.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,055

sweet! im glad you decided to get some, they look awesome! :)

oh, if you still have the orange bulbs in there you should either replace them with clear or superwhite ones, or just spray a light layer of silver paint over them to get rid of the orange in there.

section525,

I have the same truck as you, even the same color, minus the mods...for right now! The question I have, and its probably a stupid one, but here goes! Why did the ProComp Add a Leaf do for you? I know the T/T and shackles adds 2", but what about the add a leaf?

I got 1 5/8" from the add-a-leafs! From what I hear (and read) thats an impressive gain.

The body lift is on!!

3" PA 95-97 Ranger

Attachments

• bl1.jpg
    bl1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,011

I'm still going to raise the bumpers... this is just an "in between picture." I'd also like the thank Jefe for being able to help me with this project from over 500 miles away!

Can someone please enlighten me on how to post multiple pics in the same post?? (I'm usually pretty computer literate)

Attachments

• bl2.jpg
    bl2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 979

Can someone please enlighten me on how to post multiple pics in the same post??
I have been asking that question for months.

Anyway, section525,

I noticed you did away with your running boards. I have them currently and was wondering what you have to do, if anything, afterwards to make it not look like I just removed the running boards? Plugs or what.

I have been thinking about getting someone to trade me the rocker panel (non-running boards) jobbie for the running boards.

Thanks!

Back