• Register Today It's free!

section525 fab- B2 stinger bumper

B2Dude

Reaction score
City, State
Chico State
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 XLT
well, i finally got the b2 to where the front end is at a finished "for now" stage, and the dual cases are all good. So i can mess around with little stuff like bumpers and adding onto my roll bar/cage.

First order of business was to ditch my "ghetto lack of a" front bumper.

I am too ashamed to show what i had before, lets just say, i could have done better, and now i am trying to make up for it.

So, onto the pics:
frnthookxs5.jpg

it consists of a 2x4x.188 rectangle tube grafted to the front of the frame, i cut the 6"long frame horns off, and the tube is welded right to the frame and the front body mounts. the Stinger was a mess up tube from my buddie tacoma we did last spring, it had two longer legs on it that came out at a funky angle on the bottom, i simply cut them off and welded it right to the rectangle tube.

it also has a 2" receiver hitch in it, i can put my tow hook hitch dealie in there, or my winch, on the custom receiver mount i made for it.

Got approach angle?
approachiv9.jpg

this the the receiver winch mount i made, i think i am gonna add some handle or something off the sides to make it easier to carry, but it will work for now.
winchmountys2.jpg

winchkj0.jpg

i am gonna add more tubes coming out to the corners of the body, i am jsut not sure how i want to do it yet. i might do something through the fender to tie into the cabcage, or i might do something over the wheel opening that goes into the slider, or, or , or........ i dunno, i gotta let the ideas swim around in my head for a while.

Hopefully Johnny will chime in with the build pictures, i was too busy doing all the work to take any during the process.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks "fab"ulous. Bwahahahaha, i kill me. Sigh.

not bad, thats a nice b2 by the way.

This was probably the easiest project I have ever worked on! I think I touched the chop saw once and that's it. No grinding. No drilling. And since B2Dude is becoming a welder, no welding! All I did was hang out with Ben and make Taco Bell runs. :cool: :p

CIMG5451.jpg

CIMG5456.jpg

CIMG5459.jpg

CIMG5464.jpg

CIMG5465.jpg

CIMG5468.jpg

the socker finger should be IN the receiver not just in the area, should it not?

mmmmm taco bell.

Nice work! how about a hinged front plate mount?

Attachments

• CIMG5459.jpg
    CIMG5459.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,276

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 947

this is a requirement for marriage :eek: is it not?

section525 said:

thats the funniest thing ive seen all day. :D

Bumper looks good tho, but is it really all that functional with no support?

Back