• Register Today It's free!

Securing cold air intake

custexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Allen, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05
I have ordered all the parts I need (hopefully) for my cold air intake build. I just don't get one thing; I am still using the air tube that goes from the engine to the air box, and its flexible. With my setup coming off this I'd like a way to bend and hold it however I like. What would you recommend doing? I suppose I could wrap a wire around then to a hole in the engine bay, but that's not sexy. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could do what your thinking then get some of that cold air intake wrap and hide it.

Put something around the tube in from of the MAF annd behind filter, and make it look like a heat shield.. thats what i would do

Put something around the tube in from of the MAF annd behind filter, and make it look like a heat shield.. thats what i would do

I'm planning on making a heat shield as it is so I can just mount a corner of the heat shield to the bay, then to the intake tubing.

i have the k&n, they have a clamped in bracket that bolts to the alternator bolt

Back