Security and anti-theft

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
As my PIU does not currently have an alarm system (might be interested in installing something with a remote start later on) I'm trying to figure out where to cut into with a hidden switch to prevent someone from starting the car. I've got wires going to the ignition switch and am just looking into possibility of cutting one of them and just rerouting to a switch under the dash. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to update, I did end up solving this myself - and I did installed the ignition kill switch - one more thing to piss off someone that would want to steal my ride.

Just to update, I did end up solving this myself - and I did installed the ignition kill switch - one more thing to piss off someone that would want to steal my ride.
Would you care to share details and maybe a picture or two?

Well, no pictures for obvious reasons but I can tell you that it was much easier than I thought. All you have to do is remove cover underneath the steering column and reach in under the dash and pull wiring loom going to the ignition switch. Remove electrical tape - there are a few wires there. I ended up cutting and splicing the thick (I believe it was green with red stripe) wire (test with tester to see which wire sends juice to the ignition) and just hook it up to a switch hidden somewhere either under the dash or in the glove compartment or even in plain site. After that you can put the wiring loom back together, put some black, electrical tape over it so it looks just like another bunch of wires under the dash. I did use one of the Chicago Lock keyed switches. You can mount it even in plain site but in a way that it could not be tempered with or have wiring easily accessible. Nobody will know what it's for anyway but you. Switch like the one in the photo. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• lock_switch.jpg
    lock_switch.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 86

I added the OEM PATS system to my PIU. I found the PATS module was there behind the keyhole and was not plugged in on my 2015. I got a plug off a wrecked XLT and ran the wiring to the BCM. I ordered 2 keys that were chipped and used Forscan to program them.

I also used Forscan to turn on the Alarm system that would start honking the horn if the key was not turned on within 10 seconds when the car was locked.

An additional benefit to this was that now the car knew the key was in and will not let me lock it with the key in the ignition when turned off.

I added the OEM PATS system to my PIU. I found the PATS module was there behind the keyhole and was not plugged in on my 2015. I got a plug off a wrecked XLT and ran the wiring to the BCM. I ordered 2 keys that were chipped and used Forscan to program them.

I also used Forscan to turn on the Alarm system that would start honking the horn if the key was not turned on within 10 seconds when the car was locked.

An additional benefit to this was that now the car knew the key was in and will not let me lock it with the key in the ignition when turned off.
PATS system???
I'm still learning all these shortcuts you people are using!
I think I need a dictionary for my PIU!

Passive Anti-Theft System.
OK Gotchya! Thanks!
Is there a certain number I should be looking for on E-Bay for my 2017 piu? I see all kinds of modules.

I turned on the perimeter alarm in mine with Forscan. If a door, hatch or hood is opened...it puts a message on the instrument cluster....then blows the horn.

I turned on the perimeter alarm in mine with Forscan. If a door, hatch or hood is opened...it puts a message on the instrument cluster....then blows the horn.
Yea gives you like 10 seconds to put in the key.

It will be around the backside of the key slot in the dash. It’s a pain to get to that for sure.
Any idea what I am looking for or what I have to do?

Yea gives you like 10 seconds to put in the key.
Just seen this! Yes, I have the alarm setup. When the door is open the chime beeps, then beeps faster, then the horn starts up UNLESS you put the key in and turn to the right! What I am looking for is a way to cut the electric to the fuel pump. I have a way to put in a hidden switch and relay so that after the vehicle is turned off it will automatically disconnect the electric to the fuel but I just need to find out where this is & what color the wire is.

Just seen this! Yes, I have the alarm setup. When the door is open the chime beeps, then beeps faster, then the horn starts up UNLESS you put the key in and turn to the right! What I am looking for is a way to cut the electric to the fuel pump. I have a way to put in a hidden switch and relay so that after the vehicle is turned off it will automatically disconnect the electric to the fuel but I just need to find out where this is & what color the wire is.
Pay Ford $20 and you will have all the service info you want for 72 hours online.

Where should I look for the hood switch & hatch switch?

Where sould I look for the hood switch & hatch switch?
Hood switch, if installed, is under hood near the driver's headlight. If not...there's a plug there with the wiring connected underneath. (I put one in mine, but you need ISD to have it recognized by the truck) The doors and hatch are monitored by their latches/switches.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pay Ford $20 and you will have all the service info you want for 72 hours online.
Wow! Never knew this
Hood switch, if installed, is under hood near the driver's headlight. If not...there's a plug there with the wiring connected underneath. (I put one in mine, but you need ISD to have it recognized by the truck) The doors and hatch are monitored by their latches/switches.
Thanks Bud! I'll have to check that out!

Back