See ya interior! Here comes the new and improved X! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

See ya interior! Here comes the new and improved X!

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Well it finally started! Now that my Explorer is no longer a daily driver i decided to rip the interior out and add a roll cage. I am also planning on adding bucket seats in the front. So far i have removed three doors (Fourth one is stuck locked and refuses to come loose. Plasma will fix that!:D ) and tomorrow im planning on removing everything else. Here is a few pictures from tonight(they suck). More to come tomorrow!

16785PANA0076.jpg

16785PANA0075.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good so far man, keep us updated!!

--Ryan

I like your new interior. :D Keep us updated.

Sweet! I've actually thought about doing this to mine, only mine IS my DD. :D

Can't wait to see this...subscribed :D

j602 said:
Sweet! I've actually thought about doing this to mine, only mine IS my DD.
Same here. Only I plan on herculining the floor and leave some of the plastic. I am trying to figure out how to make the doors removeable cause I don't have a garage to park in. :(

Progress will be slow this week, I have school everday and im turning 18 the 27th!

Heres a few more before pics.

16785inside1.jpg

16785inside2.jpg

16785sideshot.jpg

Oh and heres my new DD! I need to get her washed.

16785mounty.jpg

Looks good, but why is the mounty so dirty?

See with the big explorer not driveable i got get a little wheelin in some how! :D More like Baja!

:thumbsup: Aaaaahhh, I saw the pics in the gallery and was wondering what your up to. Sweet dude, I need a cage too.

You still in albs? If so i could maybe have the guy bend doubles of everything. PM me.

I was gonna have this guy in belen do it. Unless you wanna make some extra cash! :D :D :D

I was gonna run 1.75, Im still not what wall thickness im gonna run. Were you gonna use DOM?

Well i got all the tubing today, Total cost with bending and all the tubing was $300. I will try to get some pics of it. This weekend i will weld it all together. The tubing he used was high strength structural tubing thats 1.98inchs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

joey, that's gonna turn out sweet!! Can't wait to see it at Moab!
subscribed

Back