See ya interior! Here comes the new and improved X! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

See ya interior! Here comes the new and improved X!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dam looks pretty kick ass, you have some good height on your 4 door, in the pics, what kinda lift and stuff do u have? in those pictures

6inch Skyjacker, 2 inch spacer and POS 3 inch body lift

I noticed one of those bends was off by 5 degrees...ha! j/k But yeah, that should be fun to slap together :D

Subscribing!!!!

How did you fiigure out the roll cage ahead of time? I guess I always figured it would have to be pieced together one at a time to get it just right and fit nice and snug.

Looking good!

Well the guy that bent it for me use to build offroad racing trucks. He is very knowledged, I was actually suprised. I took it to him and three hours later he was done. lol

Here's a picture of the tubing notcher i picked up from Harbor Frieght. The bottom art flips down to mount it to a table.

16785PANA00341.JPG

This is where im gonna have a problem. The way its currently bent i wont be able to turn my lights on. Anyone know if i can convert the stock headlight switch to a flip switch and maybe move it?

16785PANA00351.JPG

Good call on the Altime Off-roader. Looks good so far

Looks nice! I only wish i could tear mine apart like that.... (DD and in college) booooo :thumbdwn:

JTX said:
This is where im gonna have a problem. The way its currently bent i wont be able to turn my lights on. Anyone know if i can convert the stock headlight switch to a flip switch and maybe move it?

shouldent be hard, just need a 3 position switch

Joey that looks great!!! hope you get all the little bugs worked out!!

Hey I never heard any more about the right front door panel you still got??

Yeah, Sorry i spaced that one out. Remind me a couple days before Moab and ill take it with me.

lookin great man...... I wonder how hard it is to make a cage run through the dash... hmm...

--Ryan

damn that looks nice.

I might make a trip down to NM ;)

Thast setup looks good for a trail rig!
Headlights = easy. just remount the stock switch where it works.

Are you sure you want the bar that far out from the dash and in the doorway?
I plan to tuck my cage behind the dash cover...
I have some examples if you would like to see.

Yeah send me them please...

Heres the picture with the cage in, the front is pretty much done. I still got about 4 hours of work left. I Had a few problems but overall it wasnt bad. I will get some better pictures tomorrow.

16785PANA00291.jpg

16785PANA00301.jpg

16785PANA00311.jpg

16785PANA00321.jpg

So, when do you want to do mine. :D Looks great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dman726749 said:
shouldent be hard, just need a 3 position switch
Subscribing and want one of those also!! :thumbsup: I would have to do the "classic roll bar style" for my daily driver!! I agree on the switch replacement...You could leave your stock switch in place and stub out the pull out knob to maintain the interior/dimmer option.

Brian1 and JTX.....hows La Bajada Hill..Is it still accessable? I "toasted" a clutch up there once!! :thumbdwn: :D

Back