Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Aviator) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Aviator) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
I have been selected to meet in Houston One/one with Ford (for the Aviator only) Engineers. The purpose is to review my experience, issues, future suggestions etc. I am give 1.5 hour one/one time. So this will be a important meeting with no selling only riding in my Aviator and discussing as above.

I would like input from all of the Aviator owners on the above. Meeting is Feb 29th.

Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Steve. So far the main annoyance for me is the growl the engine makes upon starting off. I was on a street the other day with many stop signs and the noise really became irritating. I don't know if it's normal or not but it's not something I'd expect from Lincoln when the rest of the time it seems so quiet. The rain-sensing wipers keep wiping randomly even when there is no reason for it but this seems to be a characteristic of this feature since my previous Explorers and an MKT also did it. Why is the fuel filler funnel hidden the way it is when in it is so visible in the Explorer? I actually thought I was missing mine until a member pointed out that it is under the rear storage area, completely out of sight.
If anything else comes up I'll add it. Thanks.

Peter

Hi Steve. So far the main annoyance for me is the growl the engine makes upon starting off. I was on a street the other day with many stop signs and the noise really became irritating. I don't know if it's normal or not but it's not something I'd expect from Lincoln when the rest of the time it seems so quiet. The rain-sensing wipers keep wiping randomly even when there is no reason for it but this seems to be a characteristic of this feature since my previous Explorers and an MKT also did it. Why is the fuel filler funnel hidden the way it is when in it is so visible in the Explorer? I actually thought I was missing mine until a member pointed out that it is under the rear storage area, completely out of sight.

Peter
Thanks Peter. Also th ink about future enhancements or things you would like as well.

Peter
Fuel filler? is this a Canadian thing? I just put the nozzle in the car and it fills up fine

Fuel filler? is this a Canadian thing? I just put the nozzle in the car and it fills up fine

You cant do that with a gas can, you need the fuel filler adapter to fill the tank with a can.

You cant do that with a gas can, you need the fuel filler adapter to fill the tank with a can.
Ahh!! Don’t plan on running out of gas but good to know

Ahh!! Don’t plan on running out of gas but good to know
FYI, it is under this part of the plastic storage tray. Good luck in getting it back in place if you remove it.

Funnel.jpg

Get some intel on Sync 4. "It would be a shame if a car this new wouldn't be upgradable to Sync 4..."

I have been selected to meet in Houston One/one with Ford (for the Aviator only) Engineers. The purpose is to review my experience, issues, future suggestions etc. I am give 1.5 hour one/one time. So this will be a important meeting with no selling only riding in my Aviator and discussing as above.

I would like input from all of the Aviator owners on the above. Meeting is Feb 29th.

Steve

You can ask him why did my come missing one of the fasteners next to the driver's headlight under the hood that holds the plastic down. At least there was a piece of masking tape on the grill under the plastic to it moving in the wind did not scratch up the grill.

Or ask him a sweet one like will it ever get a twin turbo V8 ;)

Need to allow primary data usb data port to keep device charged with engine off. I use an iPod as my primary music source, but it’s battery will go dead if I don’t drive my Aviator for a day or two or if I don’t drive it very long every day. This has effectively disabled my iPod as my primary music source.

Sync3 music next/prev buttons need to be properly restored on a vehicle restart based on the current (i.e. last tuned) channel. The current channel is kept on restart, but the next/prev buttons default back to the first or last memory location, respectively rather than the proper next or previous channel.

Need real traffic data directly on the map. The Sirius traffic event list is totally worthless (and even locks up my GPS if an event is not local to the actual vehicle location).

All of my previous “luxury” vehicles could save both driver AND passenger seat settings.

Steve

Tell them if the new 2020 aviators and explorers are not upgradable with the present hardware, at least sell them from ford dealership so that either they can install them for an additional price

If you have the chance to, inquire if we will in the future, get reverse activated tilt mirrors on the upper trim levels ? This is the only feature missing imho.
Mike

My old 2013 Cadillac XTS, and i think previous GM cars had a feature to auto lock the car and do a quick beep to ackoledge the car was locked...i miss not having that on my new Aviator.

I also agree with Peter that the engine noise gets old fast. My feeling is that a luxury car should be more insulated, especially since Lincoln talks about "Quite Flight" in their ads.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sync4:Tell them if the new 2020 aviators and explorers are not upgradable with the present hardware, at least sell them from ford dealership so that either they can install them for an additional cost or we can do it ourselves

Back