• Register Today It's free!

selling my explorer

nvrhapy

Reaction score
City, State
detroit, michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
well i'm goin to sell my explorer. my question is what do you think is a fair price for my explorer. its a 2wd 1996 sport with 135000 miles on it, its has the 4.0 0hv with a 5 speed manual tranny has power windows and locks and ac. runs good. mods include 3 inch bl 2inch suspension lift, 33inch procomp m/t on american eagle polished rims, 4.56 richmond gear and lock right locker, cold air intake, chrome pushbar with lights, clear corners, custom paint and interior, indash tv, with dvd player and pioneer cd player in custom console. after market interior speakers. also has a viper alarm. might be some stuff i missed but heres some pics. some of you have seen it before.
Photo0033.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Photo0026.jpg

thats it tell me what you think on s price, i was shooting for the $2500-3000 range but i don't know.

Nice truck and good luck with the sale. If you were closer, I would have picked it up instead of the Jeep I just bought last week.

nvrhapy said:
Photo0026.jpg

thats it tell me what you think on s price, i was shooting for the $2500-3000 range but i don't know.

i really don't think you'll have a problem getting atleast the $2500. its a very nice looking truck...

Who makes the brush gaurd you have & where did yo get it?

its just an ebay special payed 100 bucks for it

You should just keep it, looks very nice. With all the mods you've got, look for at least 6-6.5K. It does have alot of miles on it, and that is what alot of people look at.

Hold on!That is a nice rig ,aim higher start out higher you can always come down.I see rust buckets go for that price range, I agree with UtahX.

I know some one that just spent 2500 on a 96 not nearly as nice as yours, and that price was only because he got a good deal on it. I say start with about 4000 and go down from there.

I woulda thought 4-6K

youd probably be much better off selling some of your aftermarket parts (ex the dvd) on this site, or on ebay, and then selling the rig. To the average buyer, many of those things arent worth as much as someone else is willing to pay. Good luck. I like your X a lot, and even if you take out some of the stuff, still shoot for 5k.

floydr007 said:
youd probably be much better off selling some of your aftermarket parts (ex the dvd) on this site, or on ebay, and then selling the rig. To the average buyer, many of those things arent worth as much as someone else is willing to pay. Good luck. I like your X a lot, and even if you take out some of the stuff, still shoot for 5k.

Very good suggestion.

I'm intrested in the brush guard and lights.

^ what kind of headlights are those? link?

i would easily pay 6-8K

nvrhapy said:
Photo0026.jpg

I'm going to be straight with you. It has a lot of miles, and you probably maintained it well by the looks of it, but this will scare off A LOT of potential buyers. Secondly you have a lot of custom stuff that will only appeal to people who would like their vehicle to look like yours. Thirdly most people on here would pay more because they are interested in modding their ex, and lastly let's face it the used car market in Detroit sucks. There are so many people selling used vehicles at a loss it's crazy. I think you can probably get the $2500 you are thinking out of it without sitting on it too long. My brother is looking for a truck and is probably gonna be spending about 2500, only problem is he is trying to sell his car for 2500 to buy a truck. If he makes a sale i'll let him know about your vehicle. Good luck with the sale.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nvrhappy that is a nice looking sport. Good luck on selling it. It looks very awesome and clean for that year.

Back