• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

SEMA SHOW Photos - 2019 2018 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2008 2006 2005 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
BeauJ said:
I will go to SEMA before I die, I can tell you that much.
Same here!
BeuaJ said:
Also, I'm going request closeups of the last 3 images :D
Right you are Kenny...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I've got to get me a full set of these!

DSCF0459.jpg

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hey Rick, good to see pictures online! good to see you again, I might have to bug you for a print or full-resolution version of the picture you got of my truck, my pictures didn't come out that good of my own damn truck, and I just got a new digital camera too! Ahh well. Thanks for putting it up there, at least I know it will be hosted somewhere! :)
SEMA is fun, lots of great vehicles to see, one more day and then back home I go!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Those shots are undoctored Matt, I can play with them to make them look a lot better. I'll send them to you when I'm done. After I get back to Phx of course.

jayhawkexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mission, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Rick said:
Are they building 2 doors or is that custom? I thought they were only doing 4 doors.

That's a custom job. Only 4 doors for now, but they're introducing a 2-door Challenger concept that's built on a shortened version of the LX rear-drive chassis this winter. Should be out in '10, from what Motor Trend said this month and will have a V8.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I figured that was custom, the workmanship was amazing. It looked like it DID come from the factory that way.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
well I made it back to town! Ran into some nasty weather on the way home, but thats not too abnormal it doesn't seem.

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Great pics Rick.

Beau, when you decide to go to SEMA, let me know and I'll be happy to go with you. :D

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
DSCF0482.jpg

DSCF0488.jpg

Ford is actually showing an Explorer that's setup for "offroad" use again. It might not be as capable as a lot of us would like, but it' better than nothing ;)

DSCF0483.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
I saw that, but disregarded it as soon as i saw those blingin' rims. :rolleyes:

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
ahah yeah, bling rings and it says "OFFROAD" on the rear plate of one of those Xs.. but bling is what the masses are going for these days so what the hey.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
The bling rims are even on the real crawlers at these shows. It's all about the sponsor and putting their product out there for people to see... even if it is out of place.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
i was browsing 4wheel's site on the 05 SEMA and i found images of a "modern" yota FJ.. does anyone know if toyota is going to re-introduce the FJ?

the website:
http://4wheeloffroad.com/eventcoverage/131_05sema/

here are some images:

EDIT!!!
found these links.. its called the "FJ Cruiser"
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=5836&categoryId=21
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/toyota-to-launch-new-fj-cruiser-at-sema-show-128089.php

here's toyota's site on the Cruiser:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/fj_cruiser/

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
did a bit of curve manipulation and sadly, i think i spy what appears to be an IFS :(

new_fj_ifs.jpg

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Yep, it's going to be hitting the market. And yes it's IFS.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Man I am helping a friend of mine find a new Ford and I was in the showroom at the local dealership last night for a couple of hours. I think Ford has made leaps and bounds with thier latest offerings. The interiors in the high end explorer, stang, and F-150's are well done. The 500 is a nice car and the escape's are pretty impressive as far as "cute yute's" go. The King Ranch F-150 was my favorite but the prices all seem pretty reasonable when you consider some of the competition.
The 2006 Ranger edge is nothing special IMO, just a 2005 with fender flares and a two tone paint, although the 05 Ranger supercab XLT 4x4 with the SOHC 4.0L is a great truck, especially for $16,988. :)
drool drool

Good to see those decked out explorer's at Sema, were there any GT's?

brittoneb

Reaction score
City, State
Parker colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 eddie bauer
It is really to bad that every new truck/suv that is coming out on the market right now has ifs, its not a terrible thing for chevy because there are plenty of solid axle conversion kits made for them. I will never buy a chevy either so i guess that doesnt apply to me. But now that we have every new suv coming out with irs even we will probably see the end of strait axles in full size domestic trucks soon. Woulnt it be amazing for one ford to come out with a new vehicle that has a strait axle with coils all the way around its worth dreaming of but there is no market obiously because of the ride quality (no one wants a commerical talking about how the ride is alot worse but its amazing crawling rocks). Then no one would have to pay 2000$ for an ifs subframe!
britton

Lefy

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
awesome pics rick.

this stang is just soo soo sexy omg.
definatly my favorite close second is the two tone super duty on 49s
DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

check out the interioir bare enough, but it's got everything you need
i hate when people put 12 screens inside acar with about 48 different subwoofers, soo dumb.

this stang looks perfect

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dtl 2k2 sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
just saw a whole tv special on the speed channel about this years sema show,, dont you have to have press creidentals to get in?? or is it open to the public,,?