Send exact route to navi via mapquest? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Send exact route to navi via mapquest?

jbrabham

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
can this be done? ie. I pick a route on mapquest and send the exact route to my navi? I tried but SYNC only gives me an option to pick a destination. Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It cannot be done. It would be a great feature because it can take a lot of work to force the nav system to take the route that you want.

Your phone must be paired to the Sync you want to send directions to. On the Mapquest site there is an option to "send to", choose Sync and enter your phone number. When you get into your vehicle use the voice command and say "services". It will then ask if you want to download the directions.

Riley - i did that and it only gave a choice of downloading the destination and then navi would calc the route, rather than downloading a specific route picked on mapquest.

wiex - thanks. it would be a pretty useful feature. As is, it seems like this is a marginally helpful feature on sync.

As WiEx said, it cannot be done with MapQuest.

Back