Sensor Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sensor Questions

Fjara

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
Hi my name is Frank and I own a Ford Explorer 2006 and I am having a problem with the Throttle body sensors and the pedal sensor as per a diagnostic done today by a service center, my question is do you need to replace the complete throttle body or only the sensors that are in the body assembly, or maybe just clean it may help turm the engine dash light off.

Thanks
Frank

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have created a thread with your post and moved it to the 4th Gen Sub Forum for better exposure.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Hi my name is Frank and I own a Ford Explorer 2006 and I am having a problem with the Throttle body sensors and the pedal sensor as per a diagnostic done today by a service center, my question is do you need to replace the complete throttle body or only the sensors that are in the body assembly, or maybe just clean it may help turm the engine dash light off.

Thanks
Frank

If you have the V8, I believe that there is a TSB for that year regarding throttle body issues and the fix is to replace the complete throttle body. For the V6 I would just start by cleaning the throttle body and the MAF sensor (because you're already there and you can use the same MAF cleaner on both). Start with those items and see if the codes go away.

Back