TwoToneX

my pockets hurt
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
broomfield, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'90 XLT 4x4
I just wanted to start a thread about this coming weekend. This way we can find out who wants to go, and keep everyone updated on the weather, etc...

So, the plan is, go back to Silverthorne. I'm just the rookie here, so I'll leave it up to whoever wants to as to what trails we run. I'm stock, and I think Chris is planning on going, and he is also stock, so it would be tough to go on any of the modified trails. However, I didn't get to run the first day of trails, so if there were any good ones I missed out on, I'd love to go on those. The invitation is, as always, open to anyone, so if you want, just smack a post here if you'd like to go!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If all goes well this week I would like to go on Saturday. I'm up for any trails. We are limited to the time we have left to do some runs, because the snow will be here soon.

I'm guessing this is cancelled...sorry Joe...I don't think my X would make it anyways...gotta sink about 400 into it. Oh well though, not the most important thing...

Jared, my apologies for not responding sooner! No excuse, really - just forgot about it, especially with what's gone on recently. For my part, I don't plan to go wheeling this weekend, just don't have the desire.

I WOULD be very interested in going the 22nd or 23rd, however. If no huge snowstorms hit the mountains between now and then, I think that will also offer prime autumn color viewing... :)

Dead Link Removed

hey guys, Kristina said she wanted to do Red Cone again since she missed it the first day... anyone interested in that? Those that have faily stock vehicles that might have trouble (chris, jared, etc.) we could maybe take some others in my explorer?
Anyone else interested in doing Red Cone again? :)

Chris, I understand completely. I'm pretty much the same way. Hope to see you tonight at the sonic.

I'm game Matt...if we don't get hit with a huge snowstorm, next weekend seems like the time to go.

See you all soon hopefully.

I would like to do Red Cone. Missed it the first time and looks like a fun run. What are the dates for this?

possibly next weekend. If its mainly stockers that want to go, Red Cone wouldn't be a good option. While a stock explorer could make it through red cone (Trint suprised us all by doing it at CCR but he did say he hit a lot on his undercarriage and had a few quite hairy spots for him) it would not be easy.

Well I think I can make it. Just remember we are limited on the time we have left for the runs in the high country. The snow will start coming soon. I don't care if we do redcone or not I just want to run with everyone again.

Matt,
I completly agree about the stocker deal. A stocker CAN do red cone, but they have to be willing to take some licks. I'm not sure exactly where all my dents came from on CCR but I got several. It was fun and if I could come, I'd do red cone again, but then again I am the Idiot Stocker. ;)

Well, I guess like Matt said, plans are for this next weekend. Although, I'm gonna try to go down to Texas and visit my friends, since I haven't seen them in awhile. If I decide not to go, I'll let you guys know.

So what is the Plan? Is it going to be a one day run or what? Also what day? Sorry you can't make it Jared.

Joe, not sure yet. Sounds like Heath's X is out of commission (at least for wheelin') and Matt wasn't sure if he wanted to go or not. I'm not sure as well, but will make my decision by mid-week at the latest... :)

Eh? What's wrong with Heath's X? Please tell me it doesn't have anything to do with the mud pit :D

is there any particular trails you guys wanted to run? Oughtta start planning...

I'd like to go on anything I CAN go on. Other than that, I wouldn't mind doing a couple of the trails that were done the first day since I wasn't there. Those are my only requests.

Gentlemen, my apologies but I'm going to have to bow out of any runs this weekend. I have yet to get my Explorer in to have the 1st gear problem fixed and don't really want to hold my brakes so much again.

My next weekend (19th/30th) is also booked but I'd love to go up the weekend of October 6th/7th. Of course I realize this will depend entirely upon how much (if any) snow the high country has by then...but we'll see. ;)

No my problem isn't from that stinky ass mud pit... I got bad clunk at CCR and I haven't found it yet... I have an idea of what it is though... $$$ for the part though from my understanding... So I think I'm done wheeling for the season...

I'm going to have to bow out as well. I'm sick as a dog, and am just going to go home to Texas for the weekend, try and get some stuff done down there. I should probably not wheel until I get my oil leak thing fixed anyways. We'll get together soon enough anyways, I'm sure....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well doh! Sounds like everyone is deciding not to go. That's allright, I may not have been able to get rid of pager duty for the weekend, so it's not biggie.
Jared, when the heck am I going to meet this sister of yours? :)

Back