September 2011 TOTM "Picture with a sunset or sunrise" Nomination Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

September 2011 TOTM "Picture with a sunset or sunrise" Nomination Thread

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Ok guys now we can finally get to a regular schedule. Now that I have finished getting moved to Memphis its time to get a process going.

This month we will be looking for picture with a sunset or sunrise in the background. This can be at any place you would like to post. Just remember that it has to be your RIG that you are posing up. Not anyone else's rig.

Announcement will be made describing the TOTM theme. Members will then have a set period of time to post there submission. (One Picture per member). Each time frame will be posted in the submission thread.

Anyone is welcome to submit a picture (Admins, Mods, & Members).

You may change your pictures if you like. Just do it before the time is up.

All entries must be of a Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Mazda Navajo, Ect. Go by the what the forum is for guys. Please don’t post pictures of your non-RBV's as your submission. There will be special times for you to do that.

You must be the owner of the entry you send in. No pictures of your neighbors ride or someone you don’t know. You can post pictures of your Daily Driver or Wheeling Rig. If you have a work truck that you want to send in a picture of then that will be ok.

Also do not Photoshop your rig to make it better but you can blank the license plate if you wish.

There will be a thread for submissions in which three pictures will be chosen at random. Then these three pictures will be put into a "Final Voting Thread" in which the entire forum will be able to choose this months winner. This ramdom voting will be done by giving each picture a number that I will know only. Then I will "PM" a random member here and have them choose three numbers from the list that will be given to them. The numbers will not be linked to their post number.

Today is September 2nd so you will have until September 19th to get your pictures posted. Then the regular voting will begin.

Have fun guys and lets go for our best and greatest number of Nominations yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100_2599.jpg

i was going to post up the late jon johnstones sport track until i saw it had to be your own truck. oh well.

24_Medium_.jpg

taken one hour south of the canadain/u.s. border coming home from AFN this year

Let go ahead and let that one in. Executive decision.

25qdq0z.jpg

this was at the beginning of summer,truck looks way different now ;)

Pics look good. keep 'em coming!

11.jpg

Here's my Entry

Never really did too many sunset shots, but here's one of my few.
s5.jpg

till the 19th huh and it can be any one of my explorers as long as it has a sun set can do

I need to find some time to get a sunset shot in and represent the 3rd gens!!!

Edit: Great shots so far everyone!!!

Edit: New picture again! Before anyone says I am editing, this picture is straight from the camera. I have an option called "Vignetting," that allows me to take pictures like that.

Sun is hidden behind all the clouds, it's been a rainy day.

SAM_1465.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

Just got the tires on today.

Nothing beats a Carolina sunset :)

Looking like a beautiful sunset tonight at my house, maybe I'll go out and take on in the field next to my house. We'll see how good this turns out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I need some help everyone in order to stay within the rules...

..I want to be sure and only post 1 picture but I have 2 trucks both with a sunset picture..

...If the Mods will let me, I would like to post the two pictures (1 of @ truck) and let everyone decide which one I should keep up and I will quickly remove the other one before time is due..Since I'm the owner is like trying to choose which child I should keep..:D

..Thanks in Advance...:salute:

..The Ranger at the beach..(Deleted by popular vote)..:D

..Or the X doing it's thing..
dividerd111207012na5.jpg

Back