Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run

Where should our 10th Anniversary run be held?

• Truck Haven Southern California

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Moab Utah

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Phoenix Area Trails

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Colorado Trails

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Badlands Attica Indiana

Votes: 69 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i voted colorado, cause ill be there by then next year. (well i hope i get fort carson but i should)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DeRocha said:
I do believe Robb has been SERVED :D
I can't get served after calling touche'!!! That is just one of those guy rules. :p :D

Hmm.. Any trails in South Dakota Badlands?

GJarrett said:
Does the Badlands have great trails befitting our 10th anniversary?

Yes they do. I had a great time there a few years back and from what I understand they've added more difficult trails.

I didn't vote - since I can't commit.

But Indiana is 18 hours/1,020 miles from me according to Google Maps, and would be my choice. It would be a long drive, but oh so fun. Keep us posted guys!

I voted Truckhaven. Indiana is just over 2000 miles! :eek:

I also think t-haven would be good for other reasons, anybody could really come then. Everyone from the site, sence you can get to the camp in a car :rolleyes:

But yes I relize it's hard for some of you to get here, but honestly how offen do we have a 10 anniversery. Plus you know you've always wanted to vist So. Cal. anyway! :D What a great reason. and you don't wanna drive, just fly in and rent a Explorer :p

voted Colorado, of course, but Moab or Attica would work!

If we got to attica we can all crash at my parents place in Indy, lol well at least I could

I would say one of the three, pick a more centralized place and we will have a bigger turnout!

Well I like truckhaven cause it is only a few hours away from the house. Would this then replace the regular MLK run if held there? I havent been a member here all 10 years but when I joined it seemed like the truckhaven run was the big run of the board. Kind of sems like a good place to hold a 10 year aniversary where the EF roots go the farthest back.

I had a blast in moab a few years ago when I went. It would be easier for me to get to moab as the girlfriends grandma lives in grand junction, so I can combine the trip and keep everyone happy.

Pheonix area. Ive never had a chance to do wheeling there. Once the truck is built I will be ready to do some of the hard core wheeling there. However with it being relativly close Im sure I could talk rick into giving me a tour on an off weekend if I can make the trip out:D

Colorado trails. Never wheeled there could be fun. I could combine a family stop with it and make it a nice vacation. Defently possible. Although depending on where in colorado could turn it into close to a 2 day driving trip each way.

If it were held at Badlands it would probably be the only chance I would ever have to get there to wheel. However 2100 miles each way means well over $1000 in just gas. Thats not counting the hotel food etc costs. Would probably cost me close to $2000 to do that run. I would also need to round up a trailer cause there is no way I am driving a trail rig 2000 miles wheeling it and driving it home. I would have to do it solo which would suck. I need 4 days at a minumum of just travel time. If Im driving that far Im not wheeling for a day and heading home so there better be trail rides for at least 4 days maybe even more to make it worth while. So now I am needing atleast a week and a half off work if not closer to two weeks. Just not sure I could pull a run like this off.

Is there any good wheeling in oaklahoma, kansas, or nebraska? That would seem like it is more centrally located. As tom mentioned south dakota could be interesting. I know the have some wheeling there. but is still a long drive. Thinking about it before I vote.

Actually... Our first EF run was in Colorado. http://www.explorer4x4.com/co_fallrun.html Our biggest was in Moab, with Truck Haven a close second.

As for 4 days of trails in Indiana, I don't think that's possible. 2 days definately. 3, well to be honest, I'm not sure if they're even open on Friday. The Attica regulars could tell us that.

I understand the gas situation, that's why we didn't drive out to Chicago this year. We only went as far as CO for our summer vacation.

Maybe we could do two runs at the same time? :rolleyes: One out here in Truckhaven, and one in Indiana. I understand Rick, can't be into places at once, but how cool would that be. maybe we could some how setup a web cam cam back and forth or something, this is the internet, and we have time two pull it together. Just a thought though. :rolleyes:

Ok how about where have the most EF runs been? :D Seems like we go to truckhaven 3-5 times a year times the last 4+ years I have been a member and that is 12-20 trips. seems to be the most popular place :D
If we did it at truckhaven it seems like it would have to be at the MLK weeknd run otherwise the turn out for that run could end up just being locals with all the long haulers coming for the big run. Then in feburary you have valintines day to get in the way of the run, march is tds and then april it can start getting pretty hot out there.

Well where is the choice, anywhere but attica then? As long as I keep the same job I have now I can probably pull off any of the other runs. Still will have to probably get a trailer though so I can get my truck there. Ill hold off voting for now.

i voted moab because my dream since i got the truck was to take it westward to wheel. for some reason i dont like california. i hold a prejudice against the state for some reason(because i can). badlands would be awesome though becuase its only 3 hours from me. so if its moab or badlands, i'd be happy.

I would love to go to truckhaven, But you gotta remeber that for the guys in Texas and further east thats a long drive. Im in New Mexico and thats a long boring drive for me. I guess will see how the vote go's. Also good idea on the vote Rick, nice to know this isnt a dictatorship. LOL

V8BoatBuilder said:
I didn't vote - since I can't commit.

But Indiana is 18 hours/1,020 miles from me according to Google Maps, and would be my choice. It would be a long drive, but oh so fun. Keep us posted guys!
Hey Aaron, If you're going I'm going..... Life is short and trips like this are few and far between. We could make it our own wheeling across America tour. We could map out a route to meet up with local members in each state and wheel for a 1/2 day or so before continuing on...

Robb said:
I can't get served after calling touche'!!! That is just one of those guy rules. :p :D

????

pffft well if you guys all wanna come here I have no issue with that! Especially with gas prices! hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DeRocha said:
Hey Aaron, If you're going I'm going..... Life is short and trips like this are few and far between. We could make it our own wheeling across America tour. We could map out a route to meet up with local members in each state and wheel for a 1/2 day or so before continuing on...

Hmmm. That would a fantastic way to spend some summer. This might be the kick to of get me off the fence between putting the 4" Superlift on my Mountaineer, or buying a CJ as a wheeling rig... Food for thought! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back