Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serious Explorations 10th Anniversary Run

Where should our 10th Anniversary run be held?

• Truck Haven Southern California

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Moab Utah

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Phoenix Area Trails

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Colorado Trails

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Badlands Attica Indiana

Votes: 69 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it rocky? are those scrapes from rocks and such... Im gonna herculine my rockers you think that would help? Sliders MIGHT be done by then

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i'm still stateside next year, i could do colorado or indiana

she splashman said....it's really varied

Gajeep, I attended the Dixie Run at Tellico a couple of years ago and met a lot of people from SouthernJeeps and was very impressed with the club and the quality of its members. :thumbsup:

If we did do a run at Tellico, what did you have in mind for the mild/stocker group? - especially if it is wet, lol. :D

Whether or not Tellico works out for this event, we still need to go out there again and have a local run there :)

I'm torn between planning for one big central run, or having two separate ones for each coast - a large central group would be fantastic, but I see the problem of distance for many (especially if gas prices stay high). I'm glad I'm not Rick :confused: :D

Still not voting, but I just looked up attica, IN. Its not as far as I thought (from me). Just over 500 miles. With gas like it is it would take less than $80 for the trip, plus food and a place to stay, or course.

Who knows what gas will be by then though. Do I hear $6 a gallon? Lets hope not.

well going along with what gerald said...IF we stage the run in the NC/VA/TN area, i would vote for Uhwarrie...sure its not a moab, or an attica, but its got trails that everyone can run and have a good time. Tellico will deter the stockers and semi's like myself from attending. Uhwarrie however has trails that are plenty hard enough to spend a day on, and it also has the easier trails for the little guys, with everything in between. Just a thought...

Where is Uhwarrie? Sorry, I have heard the name, but have no clue.

Why not have two ???? One east of the Mississippi and one to the west ???

its in Troy, NC; kinda middle/southern NC

there are a few pictures of it in my registry, only a few though.

Ahh...15 hours or more from here. :) Thats why I didn't know.

Uwharrie is broing with big groups...

rick i think Gilmer Tx is a good location still. Nice even distance from everywhere.

its a good trail. i think only like 16 miles of trails, but they can be run either way and there are quite a few playgrounds; quite plenty to keep a group busy for a day or two.

I have decided. I voted for colorado. I will be going to truckhaven a few times this winter anyway. So if it isnt a big group so be it. It just means we can find the real fun stuff :D

I am going to plan on going to the moab run next spring, if the 10th aniversery run is back east.

I'll hit rick up for a weekend of private tours of the pheonix trails on an off weekend.

I will get to do a bunch of wheeling and have a bunch of fun anyway. Hopefully in the process Ill get to meet a few new members of this site.

Now I have another question for the east coasters. How come up until now you havent tried to plan big runs on this site? I know RRORC and TRS seem to have alot of eastern members and they have had big runs, so do most of you attend those and call it good or are they truely a seperate group of east coasters and you guys here are a bunch of web wheelers? :D ;)

well ive been doing a lot of reading and everyone has some good ideas but i would love to go but i dont know where all the talk is getting. can anyone update me on this. i would love to be invloved in this run.

RockRanger said:
Now I have another question for the east coasters. How come up until now you havent tried to plan big runs on this site? I know RRORC and TRS seem to have alot of eastern members and they have had big runs, so do most of you attend those and call it good or are they truely a seperate group of east coasters and you guys here are a bunch of web wheelers? :D ;)

as a midwesterner and a member of rrorc i will take this one ;) it seems all the people out this way that are on this board taht are truely interested in wheeling are either members at rrorc or trs too, so cross posting usually only brings in a couple of other people. I have tried to plan a couple badlands trips through this site and never got any more than 3 explorers to show up, and at the rrorc run last month we had 40ish rigs there for a 4 day event. :thumbsup: If you have it, they will come :D

I voted Moab because I could fly there and join in for the ride along program.
If it ends up in Indiana, I might could make it and just bring my own truck.

This is ridiculous. SLRAVENE, I have never been to Uwharrie. I would love to go. Sense we live no more than about an hour away, why don't you and I go there and try to get as many to come as possible. We could have a great weekend there and drive home Sunday. I have a brother that drowned his Toyota there and I'm sure that he would go again so that would make three. I have another friend with a Bronco that hasn't been there either and I could get him to go. Plus a few other friends that I could invite. So there is a few.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dopler pay attention there is a run planned already for setpember 3rd, another the last weekend in OCtober... the east coasters wheel we just dont have as many trails to play on as the western guys do so we always end up making long road trips to wheel. I honestly dont care where it is cause i will be there no matter what. I would prefer not to have to go all they way across the country though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back