Serp belt squeal video - fixed squeak | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serp belt squeal video - fixed squeak

Good job Froggy. One side note if it starts to squeal on you again. It could be coolant misting onto your belt from that cracked radiator. You can wash the belt in some Dawn liquid detergent and water. Rinse well and dry. Wipe down all pulleys as well. After you fix your rad ofcoarse.
I had a similar squeal once. I had already recently installed idler, tensioner, and belt. It ended up being a loose rad hose clamp misting ever so lightly onto the belt once at operating temp. (I had just put on a new rad) I tightened the (crappy auto parts store) clamp(a few times) and washed the belt. No squeal since.
Oh, one more thing. Pick up a mechanics stethoscope next time your out. I got a really cheap one off Amazon. It can really help in future diagnosis of this exact issue.

And welcome to the forum. :) I believe i've run into a few of your videos on YouTube before. I think one was concerning your rear axle play. Yep, normal:thumbsup: I hope I'm recalling this correctly.

Back