Service Manual - 2001 Explorer Sport trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Service Manual - 2001 Explorer Sport trac

kalasha

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport trac
new here, anyone know where i can find a pdf service manual for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4X4?

prefer pdf version so i can use it on laptop, rather than flipping through paper books.

thanx,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the 2000 CD version..
not sure if it has everything you'll need for 2001 though.

Check my homepage for links if you're interested.

ebay is a really good source.

Just be careful on which version you get. In that year sport trac there is a job 1 and a job 2. The cut-off date was June 2000 for the job 1's. The fastest way to tell if you have a job 1 or 2 is the throttlebody. Job 1 has the aluminum TB and the Job 2 has the plastic. Also the TB covers job 1 is big and covers the top of the motor and the job 2 has a small cover with 4.0 SOHC raised on it. there are other differences but that is for another post as I have carried on enough here....sorry.

Where can I find a service manual for a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport tract xlt if anyone knows please reply

2005 fsm

Where can I find a service manual for a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport tract xlt if anyone knows please reply

2005 is like 8.2GB.. kinda hard to share. The whole Ford consumer line is on one disc.

Service manual

Where can I purchase a Ford CD disk service manual for a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Tract XLT.

On eBay their going for about $35 but their a good value considering they cover all consumer Fords..

>> CHECK THESE <<

Service manual

Thanks for your help finding it this will definatly be an asset when I work on my truck. Thanks again.

I am considering buying one of these manual's, but would like an honest opinion of its value to a car repair novice like me.... are these manual's of use to someone with no experience in repairing cars? I am looking to repair power windows, check engine lights, etc... Thoughts? Thank you!

The factory manuals are a big help. As with anything else, you have to have a certain amount of knowledge of how the basic systems of vehicles work. You have to start somewhere so a Chiltons may be a good initial investment. BUT they stop way short of the info in the factory manuals. Buy both, Chiltons are cheap!

Yeah get both, I have the Ford and Haynes manuals for my truck.

Thread back from the dead (this is what you get for searching)

So, has anyone confirmed that the DVD's listed on the auction site cover the sport trac?

Also, since they are of the same generation I would assume most 04-05 data to be applicable to a job 2 sport trac?

OK, I came here to answer my own questions.

The DVD's listed on the site do cover the sport trac (at least for 04 and 05)

Most of the data is interchangeable, it will work well for my needs.

I found a download of the file and installed it on my computer (8 gig download). It required the system date to be set back to 2004 to use the data. I think that if you purchased the DVD online it may require the same "fix"

Hope this helps someone in the future

I
new here, anyone know where i can find a pdf service manual for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4X4?

prefer pdf version so i can use it on laptop, rather than flipping through paper book I have a 2001 sport manual and lots of parts I have 3 Ford explorer sport Trac and the sport and an 05 mountineer which is the same thing so any parts needed I probably have

Back