Service RSC now after wheel bearing replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Service RSC now after wheel bearing replacement

El Duque

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hiawatha, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Eddie Bauer
Hi all, I just replaced both front wheel bearings on my 2010 EB 4.6 and now have the "Service RSC", traction control, and ABS lights on the dash. I know it has to be related to the bearings since the ABS sensor is in there, but I'm at a loss as to what to look at. Anyone run into this? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all, I just replaced both front wheel bearings on my 2010 EB 4.6 and now have the "Service RSC", traction control, and ABS lights on the dash. I know it has to be related to the bearings since the ABS sensor is in there, but I'm at a loss as to what to look at. Anyone run into this? Thanks!

Have you checked for codes? Then cleared them? Or disconnected the battery for 30 minutes?

Also, maybe check the wires to the front sensors. Maybe the codes tell you which one has a problem.

It should be first to verify 100%. The ABS sensor cables. Are they plugged in properly and all the way. Thats where you should start assuming the error was not on before the bearings were replaced. Thats what we're assuming.

Yeah I found it. I had a buddy help me and the driver side wasn't plugged all the way in (I swear it wasn't me!). I'm glad it was simple. Thanks guys!

School of Hard Knocks teaches us to check the simple stuff first. Even 3 times to be beyond certain. Assume nothing until its verified beyond question.

good to hear you got it. That was close...

Back