servo bore fix? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jokerlong

Reaction score
City, State
grand rapids, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt v8
Has anyone tried using the servos with the o rings on them from this site http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com/ if so please let me know if it worked and how long you have been driving on them?

It seems like everyone is boring out and sleeving the bores with the kit from northland or sonnax which is great but for someone thats going to use it once and then try to sell it for half the price. I would rather pick up a set of the servos if they would last for 30k miles.

If you are the owner of www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com I have seen in another thread that someone asked you alot of questions and you didnt really give many answers, noting that your patent was still pending but alot of companies sell alot of products and give alot of information with patents still pending. If you would like to give more information about your product I am sure alot of people would be interested.

2003 XLT V8 4x4
5r55s transmission
135k miles

I was wondering same thing. From reading, I seem to have narrowed down my flashing OD light, 1-2 shift delay and no OD to OD servo/bore or band. Guess I'll try adjusting band to make sure it is not broke and then onto servo.

Anyone have any real feedback?
How long will these last?
Or will I be pulling tranny in 5-10K to sleeve it?

Guess it could be a quick ~$200 fix to get by for now, until deciding to drop $2-3K for rebuild.

I have a 2003 Explorer and my daughter has a 2002. We have both installed the "0" ring servo pistons and cured our problems. I have put about 2000 miles on with no problems and it shifts as new or better. As per instructions the bands were adjusted after the servo pistons were installed.

Back