Servo or Solenoids P0775 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Servo or Solenoids P0775

mikehenya

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer 4.6 4x4
Thanks to everyone for all the good info in this forum (and the stickies). I am still a little bit confused though and may have ordered the wrong thing.
I just got a 2003 for my daughter. It stays in first until it revs up then shifts, or if you let off the gas, it shift. Seems ok otherwise, I drove it over an hour yesterday. It does have the check engine light and blinking O/D light. The code is P0775 Pressure Control Solenoid B. I ordered the solenoid pack because this is a solenoid code, should I have ordered the servo?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These transmissions have servo bore wear issues. You have to resleeve the bore (rebuild time) or get aftermarket servos with O rings which are capable of being installed while the transmission is still in the vehicle.

I guess I will order the servo's too...So you think the solenoid pack was a waste then? Should be here early next week.
Should I do the bonded gasket too while I am in there?

PCM cannot differentiate between 2 causes for failure of 2nd. gear engage, so to throw at least ANY code, it goes for Solenoid B.

Depending on mileage and harshness of use history, servo/servo bore issues are not always the cause. The solenoids have been known to fall apart, bushings which guide the plunger crumble out.

I would remove oil pan, and valve body, looking for copper-colored crumbles of bronze bushing material. If it's sitting there atop the valve body, replace the solenoid module. imp

I got anxious and ordered both, as well as the valve body gasket...It's cold right now and I only want to be under it once this winter! Thanks for the help guys, at least I know it was a 50/50 shot and I wasn't flat out wrong!

Ok, well....I guess this may have been the problem! Thanks to AJ1E Superior Solutions for the updated servos!!
DSC_0259_zps78e8f806.jpg

Ok, well....I guess this may have been the problem! Thanks to AJ1E Superior Solutions for the updated servos!!
DSC_0259_zps78e8f806.png
So after you installed the solenoid and the 2 servors did this install fix the issue that you were having?

So after you installed the solenoid and the 2 servors did this install fix the issue that you were having?
Would you please give us an updated on your install method because I'm having the same issue and would like to hear how things went to with you and your Explorer..Thanks.

Back