Seth's 1999 5.0 AWD Limited registry... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seth's 1999 5.0 AWD Limited registry...

Hello Gentlemen!

Pull up a chair and grab a beer. I understand the registry is where we give the who/where/what/when/why of our Explorers. So, here I go...

I recently bought my Explorer:

5.0 V-8
AWD
Limited
White Pearl with Light Prairie Tan pinstripes
Light Prairie Tan Leather interior
Moonroof
MACH audio system

A little history. My Explorer was ordered new near my hometown in midwestern Ohio by an older gentleman. He drove it for a couple of years, then parked it in the garage due to failing health. After he passed away, his family sold it to the Ford dealership in my hometown.

Typical midwestern small town. My mother taught with the wife of the Service Manager, and went to high school with most of the rest of the staff at White's Ford. She had an excellent relationship with them, having bought 4 cars there. When my Explorer came to the dealership, the service manager called Mom to come look at it immediately. She bought it.

Mom used this Explorer as her daily driver. It was loaded and she loved it. Mom took good care of the Explorer, and it only went to the dealership for repairs and maintenance.

2 years ago, Mom bought a 2009 Explorer, so the 1999 became her back up vehicle. Then, she let my little brother use it... :eek:

He didn't abuse the Explorer as much as neglect it. He just drove it. No maintenance, no upkeep. Nothing.

A few months ago, I decided I wanted an Explorer like Mom's. I searched all around my area. Nothing. So, why not just buy Mom's? It took me a little while to convince her, but the Explorer is now mine. :D

Here are some photos to start:

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

Seth K. Pyle

Sweet!

Happy Days!!!

I just ordered a set of Torque Monster Headers. I also ordered an extended EGR tube to accommodate the 1" intake spacer, and 5 extra #1 cylinder pipe gaskets.

Erica said they should have them ready by Mid-March. That gives me time to start soaking the manifold to head pipe bolts. :D

image-60.jpg

I also purchased a rebuilt Traction-Lok differential and bearings for the rear axle.
No photos of it yet...

More to follow.

Seth K. Pyle

Back