• Register Today It's free!

Setina Install 2015 Explorer

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
I know there is another thread on push bumpers for explorers however I would like to dedicate this one to the install of the setina brand on my own 2015 ford explorer. I would like to do this on my own. FleetSafety here in town wants $400+ just to add the bumper. I have watched videos and read lots of instructions on the install of this bumper on this particular vehicle and im fairly confident I can do this my self. I know I can get the bumper off and but im concerned on not being able to line everything up when putting it back on. I plan on taking pics as I install this and documenting my experience here.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions that would be great. If this needs to be added to the current thread go ahead and merge it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just added a Setina push bar to my '16 a few weeks ago. Once the bumper was off it was very easy. Just mount a couple brackets and put the bumper back on. It lined up easily and went right back on. The only issue I had were the three bolts that are up inside the wheel well on each side. They are a gigantic pain in the ass to get to unless you have two elbows and three wrists.

If you have access to a lift you will definitely save yourself some time and back pain.

I just added a Setina push bar to my '16 a few weeks ago. Once the bumper was off it was very easy. Just mount a couple brackets and put the bumper back on. It lined up easily and went right back on. The only issue I had were the three bolts that are up inside the wheel well on each side. They are a gigantic pain in the ass to get to unless you have two elbows and three wrists.

If you have access to a lift you will definitely save yourself some time and back pain.

Thanks for the input. I am going to do this at the fire station in our bay where I have access to lots of tools. No lift but we do have ramps and jacks.

Anyway you can post of pictures? Where did you order from? Looking to put one on my 16 but don't know where to buy.

Anyway you can post of pictures? Where did you order from? Looking to put one on my 16 but don't know where to buy.

Unfortunately I didn't take many photos while taking the bumper off. However, I will be taking it off again soon and I'll definitely take pictures and write a post about it. I ordered it from MHQ in Connecticut but I'm sure there is someone closer to you that sells it.

Unfortunately I didn't take many photos while taking the bumper off. However, I will be taking it off again soon and I'll definitely take pictures and write a post about it. I ordered it from MHQ in Connecticut but I'm sure there is someone closer to you that sells it.

What did you pay? I'm seeing right under $400.

Huh was it the Setina 400? I just ordered mine. $416 shipped.

Did you have any issues with the Active grille shutters?

Back