Setina PB400 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Setina PB400

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
Wanting a push bumper on the front of my ST, I went directly to the source. Setina Manufacturing ( Home - Setina Manufacturing ) is the premiere mfg of police vehicle equipment. They sell only through their distributor network. Be you a gov't entity or civilian. The distributor list is on their web site. The PB400 is second to none. Copied by both Go Rhino and, Ranch Hand. Setina also makes a dynamite skid plate for the Explorer. Spec Your Vehicle - Setina Manufacturing Available for both non hybrid and, hybrid. The PB400 is here. PB400 - Setina Manufacturing Not wanting to eat up band with, click on the links to see the pictures.
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When adding a push bumper you will likely find it interferes with the Forward Collision Warning System, the Adaptive Cruise Control, front sensors and wide-angle camera view. Some of this was confirmed with the 5th gen.

Peter

Setina makes one designed specifically for the civilian Explorers. The vertical parts of the push bumper when mounted, sit to the sides of the sensors. That is why Setina builds them to order. Along with the fact that the PIU push bars get priority. I can wait.

When adding a push bumper you will likely find it interferes with the Forward Collision Warning System, the Adaptive Cruise Control, front sensors and wide-angle camera view. Some of this was confirmed with the 5tg gen.

Peter
"Ain't technology great ..........." Let's take a look back. The first cars were built some 100 + years ago. No roof, doors, etc. Just a platform with a buckboard seat, steering wheel and so forth. Then some damn fool decided to put lights, a surrey top and, windshield on it. The rest is history. My MB, CJ5 nor, the 7 had anything other than a heater, windshield wipers, soft top w/ side curtains and, a radio. Thank you JC Whitney ...... Somehow, I survived. Quite frankly, if there were a delete option for the majority of the fluff that came on the my ST, it wouldn't be there. When the day comes that I can't figure out how to park it on my own, I will do exactly that ......... Park It ! If the PIU had 400 hp, AWD and, were available to the general public, I'd own one. The late Stephen Hawking, shortly before he died, stated that A I would ultimately lead to the demise of the human race as we now know it. He nailed it imho. Ymmv
Michael

Humans are quite capable of organizing our own demise without the help of AI. Though I suppose it'll be nice to have a scapegoat.

I ordered one in December. It's arriving tomorrow, and will be installed this coming weekend. I'll be sure to put up some photos when it is complete.

It is on. Can confirm that the same kit is used for the Explorer and the Interceptor Utility - no differences at all. Not too bad except locating the bolts in step 4.

IMG_8132.png

IMG_8133.png

IMG_8134.png

Cannot comment on the skid plates - no real point of reference to tell.

The Black Oak light bar I purchased is 30" in length. I plan on mounting it to the middle cross bar. I'm hoping the distance across between the uprights is 30"min.

These are much sturdier than the "bro-truck" grille guards. I've hit pronghorn before, and my push bar saved me from having any damage on my truck. There are millions of pronghorn out here - I see probably a hundred every morning. If they hit offset (by the lights), the cheap brush guards fold inward anyway (and cause even more damage with metal parts contacting the fenders), so I prefer to go with something very strong up front and center. If RanchHand made a full replacement, I'd buy it. But they don't, and this is by far the strongest option available.

The Black Oak light bar I purchased is 30" in length. I plan on mounting it to the middle cross bar. I'm hoping the distance across between the uprights is 30"min.
Mike, I may be wrong but I wonder if the member meant, but why install a lightbar?

Peter

These are much sturdier than the "bro-truck" grille guards. I've hit pronghorn before, and my push bar saved me from having any damage on my truck. There are millions of pronghorn out here - I see probably a hundred every morning. If they hit offset (by the lights), the cheap brush guards fold inward anyway (and cause even more damage with metal parts contacting the fenders), so I prefer to go with something very strong up front and center. If RanchHand made a full replacement, I'd buy it. But they don't, and this is by far the strongest option available.
Gotta agree. I checked both RH and GoRhino ......... Nada ........ Zip.

Setina makes one designed specifically for the civilian Explorers. The vertical parts of the push bumper when mounted, sit to the sides of the sensors. That is why Setina builds them to order. Along with the fact that the PIU push bars get priority. I can wait.
Did you order your Setina PB400?
If so, mind sharing the exact order specs so the bumper doesn't interfere with the trucks sensors, thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you order your Setina PB400?
If so, mind sharing the exact order specs so the bumper doesn't interfere with the trucks sensors, thank you

They are very clear that it will affect ALL front-mounted sensors. The only one it won't mess with is lane keeping (since it's mounted behind the rear view mirror). I have an XLT, so I have none of the sensors. If you have any sensors mounted below the hoodline, this is not for you.

Back