Setina PB400 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Setina PB400

Don't try this at home .......... :snicker:
IMG_20200415_132451.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Mike. Can you confirm what that light bluish rectangular item is in the center of the lower opening? Some sort of sensor?

Peter

Hey Mike. Can you confirm what that light bluish rectangular item is in the center of the lower opening? Some sort of sensor?

Peter
IMG_20200415_145436.jpg

IMG_20200415_144632.jpg

That is the radar for the system that slams on the brakes if one gets to close to the vehicle in front. Also, using the intelligent CC, slows down the vehicle. It is actually black. The lighting is what made it look blue in the other picture. The second picture is the back side of the front clip. The protective rectangle is visible

Grill area with the plastic shields off. The lower part of the grill with the sensors will be modified for the PB supports. Slowly getting there.
IMG_20200415_145517.jpg

In the above picture, the Dodge Charger in the upper left corner along with 3 others were just painted all black ......... at tax payers expense. They were all white. The city council approved new logos for their police dept. White on white didn't cut it. Go figure.

Back side of lower grill. Showing the sensor hole. That will be moved to the side. The current hole will be slotted for one of the braces. Ditto the other side.
IMG_20200415_153906.jpg

That is the radar for the system that slams on the brakes if one gets to close to the vehicle in front. Also, using the intelligent CC, slows down the vehicle. It is actually black. The lighting is what made it look blue in the other picture. The second picture is the back side of the front clip. The protective rectangle is visible
Thank Mike. On the 5th gen it was located on the driver's side on the same level but behind the plastic.

Peter

Fully mounted. The inner sensors are visible in their positions. No issues. The 30" LED Black Oak light bar will be installed tomorrow.
IMG_20200415_165532.jpg

Can you get a 45* pic from the side rather head on. I actually quite like it but would love to see it off center.

Can you get a 45* pic from the side rather head on. I actually quite like it but would love to see it off center.
IMG_20200417_143308.jpg

If you need a right angle shot, let me know. I will drive back up and take one. It started raining just as I took this.

I can't wait to find out what's gone wrong under the hood. It was running just fine until I hit a small pavement splice in a construction zone. Knowing it was there, I'd already slowed down from the posted 55 mph to around 40. I am betting it is a connector issue in the big harness that runs along the right side to the front of the engine compartment.

The verticle bar on the driver's side would have covered the Collision Warning and Active Cruise Control radar unit on the 5th gen. ;)

Peter

I can't wait to find out what's gone wrong under the hood. It was running just fine until I hit a small pavement splice in a construction zone. Knowing it was there, I'd already slowed down from the posted 55 mph to around 40. I am betting it is a connector issue in the big harness that runs along the right side to the front of the engine compartment.
When you say not running right what type of symptoms do you have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vehicle went into what is known as limp mode. Power is drastically reduced. The objective being to force one to get off the road and shut down the engine. In my case, I was only a short distance from my servicing dealer. In limp mode, the only drive setting is comfort. The others are disabled. Numerous warning icons illuminate on the right side of the gauge cluster and in the tool tray. In my case it was the CEL, airbag deployment icon (they didn't thankfully). An orange wrench as well as several warning pop up windows in the center of the main screen. Each a different color designed to not be ignored. Looked like an explosion. Ambient air temp sensor malfunctioned as did the lighting on the right side, front. A somewhat tense moment till I pulled into the service reception area.

Back