Several OBDII codes and rough running Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Several OBDII codes and rough running Explorer

loadie

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, near the boarder
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL
Help please.

My 97 XLT "X" vin Explorer seems to be really sick. She's kicking out several different OBD codes now, they include:

PO136* (Pending) O2 circuit sensor
PO171 System to lean
PO174 Same
PO301 Cylinder 1 Misfire
PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire
PO303 Cylinder 3 Misfire
P1131 Ford Specific code
P1151 same thing.

Now last summer I did pull the old timing chain, sprockets and tensioner out. But that was successful, thanks to the help from here.

Nut this one is baffling me. I took the upper intake off to see if there were any vacuum leaks. Well none were found at all. Now she hesitates while driving down the road and the check engine light is flashing on and off intermittently.

Please help.

OK guys,

Problem is hopefully solved. I got pissed off enough to follow all vacuum lines. One was off. But I also cleaned MAF with electronic cleaner. In doing that I decided to clean off some other contacts and don't ya know it, she started immediately. She has never started that quickly before. SO as I said I hope I have it solved. I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning when it's real cold outside.

sounds like you got it, I was either going to suggest a vacuum leak or a fuel pressure problem.

Well the check engine light is on again. hmmmm.

I haven't had a chance to read the codes, but I'm sure it's PO174 to lean. I've checked for vacuum leaks and all that jazz, nothing at all.

any suggestions?

Back