Sew....what do you all do in your spare time? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Sew....what do you all do in your spare time?

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Lifting - I'm a gym rat. As a general rule, I'm either in the gym, working on the truck, eating, or sleeping.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
You don't want to see the last thing I "attempted" to sew.

Let's just say it wasn't purdy...

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Hey-I did sew something-
When I replaced the carpet in our mountaineer-I had to re sew the retainers that clip the carpet to the rear seat flaps in the cargo area, and also an edge stitch on the cut areas to prevent fraying. I used needle nosed pliers to push a huge needle through the plastic clip.
It was all very tedious.

Attachments

• carpet retainer.jpg
    carpet retainer.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 267
  • carpet edge.jpg
    carpet edge.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 262

Khiori

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Nice job sewing! Didja find any quarters down there?

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Wow! I turn away for a couple of days and you all go nutzo on me! ROCK ON! I have been tied up trying to win fabric I am dying to get my hands on for a quilt for Chaos, our boy. He has this idea that he wants Indigos, Purples and Deep Teal/Greens...so have been living at ebay lately.

Keep on sewing folks! I will post up some of the fabric I won in a couple of days, once all my auctions are either Won or Done. :D

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Post some pictures of things you knitted or made from patterns. Do you make knitted pictures? I have a relative on my wife's side which buys a plain fabric background, knits onto it with vaious color yarns, then puts it into a small picture frame.

Khiori

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Toyota Tacoma
A hat I made. :)

Attachments

• fernhat.jpg
    fernhat.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 263

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Awww how absolutely precious! Is the pup a Great Pyranese? (sp) He/she looks like a sweetie.

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
I finally finished the Motorhomes quilt It came out bigger than was originally planed for! Oh well good things do tend to grow!! lol
P1010002_4.jpg

Khiori

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Yeppers, that's a great pyr. :) And yeah, she's really sweet. She was sucking face on Cyber when he came to visit lol. Her name is Fern. Or Ferny. Or Spooky-Casperette. Or Pudding-head-pumpkin. HA! She's just about one year old now. She's 3/4 newf, 1/4 pyr.

Khiori

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Mrs. Z - your quilt is awesome. I love the Bear's Paws motif. Did you do the bear quilting by hand or machine? Regardless, it's a labor of love, for sure. Who ever sleeps under that, sleeps under a blanket of love :)

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
I finally finished the Motorhomes quilt It came out bigger than was originally planed for! Oh well good things do tend to grow!! lol

Boy that is awesome! I love how you did the patterns. I have a bit of *Bear* fabric sitting around...this is good inspiration for me to finish cleaning/clearing/setting my sewing studio back up!

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Yeppers, that's a great pyr. :) And yeah, she's really sweet. She was sucking face on Cyber when he came to visit lol. Her name is Fern. Or Ferny. Or Spooky-Casperette. Or Pudding-head-pumpkin. HA! She's just about one year old now. She's 3/4 newf, 1/4 pyr.

Well Ferny, is simply adorable!

I was actually thinking the other day...what kind of dog(s) we will get when the time comes...our lab Abby, and our pom Foxy are both getting on in years...I honestly can't imagine being without a lab, but...a Newfie was a thought. :D But, then again, I also love Belgian Terverans and a few other large breeds...but for the small...my heart is kinda sorta set on a JRT, or as they call them these days...a Parsons Russel Terrier...silly old AKC stuff. I still shake my head at the *small English* style Labradors that are now the *Show Standard* for the breed...give me a HUGE field bred lab any day over one of those tiny little mini-labs. :D

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Miss Harley modeling my latest creation. Miss Harley is the Owner of tbars4! lol Isn't she beeeeeeautiful!!!!
sweater003.jpg

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...i honestly think she is fond of her new sweater...now we have to make another snow run in the mountains and she will be a hit, especially at the ski lodge...:D

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
Absolutely adorable...I wish I could knit....*sighs*

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Now ya need to make a matching one for the owner :D

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
,,,daddy don't wear no sweaters,lol...but i would definately take that quilt that is to big for the r.v....;)

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
I be sleeping under that quilt currently!! It is sooooooooo warm, sigh. Getting ready to do a fishing one.

btw found a book of patterns for little dog sweaters! Might go into business on Rodeo Dr, I hear they gots lots of spendable cash over there!

Oh forgot here is a new pic of granddaughter in her new and stylish beret!
AprilandGrandma.jpg