• Register Today It's free!

shackle lift done!

jumpn4jesus

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer XLT
I finally got around to putting on my shackle lift. The truck was level before, now it rakes forward a little.
How much/easy is a 2" aal?
Before:
Coffee015.jpg

After:
Coffee028.jpg

Underneath
Coffee023.jpg

Coffee029.jpg

Coffee022.jpg

------------
on a side note, check this out. My brother and I were out on a trail near by when he told me about this skinny trail that he took in his wrangler. So, I go for it. It's pretty much turning into the middle of the woods. Looks like no trail!:mad:
Coffee016.jpg

Well, he says turn right and go through there. Well, I end up with an inch on each side of the truck and this! I rubbed a little. It came out a little.
Coffee001.jpg

Coffee002.jpg

I was hoping to get a rake like is on my brothers jeep! Oh well

on a side note, check this out. My brother and I were out on a trail near by when he told me about this skinny trail that he took in his wrangler. So, I go for it. It's pretty much turning into the middle of the woods. Looks like no trail!:mad:
Well, he says turn right and go through there. Well, I end up with an inch on each side of the truck and this! I rubbed a little. It came out a little.
QUOTE]

hey, every dent/ding/scratch on a truck has a story behind it... just consider that another story :) thats what keeps me from fixin every one of mine ! haha :D

lol. Yep. His girlfriend (hopefully soon to be Fiance) was along for the ride, because, get this, she is afraid to ride in his jeep with the top off! haha. She was freaking out. The slope down onto/into the trail is REALLY steep and she was wiggin out!
I would do it again I must say!!!

Back