• Register Today It's free!

shackles/add-a-leaf

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
i am planning on doing the tt/shackles/aal and putting on 32s soon, but i was thinking that if i do the shackles and the add-a-leaf wont the back be up higher than the front? also, will i have to cut metal to fit 32s or just plastic? thanks:)

all explorers are different, but you will probably only have to cut plastic.... if you do the shackles and add a leaf, the rear may sit a little bit higher... but this isnt bad considering, you may have some spring sag, or the rear end is where all the cargo is....

When I had 31s on mine with TT/shackles it was level. But then when I put on 32's for some reason the ass sagged. So when I put on aal it leveled out. You can check out pics of my website to see what I'm talking about.

But Digger196 has the same setup you want to do. He just had to do a little plastic trimmining in the front.

I just put the AAL shackles and TT on my 99 this weekend. The backend is higher than the front but not bad. I think it will settle out some when the new spring gets broken in a little. Check the page in my sig for a pic of it.

Back