• Register Today It's free!

Shackles

technobandit96

Reaction score
City, State
Taylorsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XL 4WD
I have shackles that have dirt and factory undercarriage spray on them. Would I have to take my hand drill and clean them. I dont have pictures right now.

What are your plans with the shackles? Do you just want to clean them off? Remove and replace? You could scrap as much dirt and undercoating off with a scraper and a wire brush. A wire wheel and drill will work, too. Pressure washing works well, just beware of splash-back.

In the salt-belt, The OEM Explorer rear spring shackles are know to rust to the point where the collapse. What exactly are you trying to do? Many here have replaced the thin stamped steel OEM shackles with aftermarket shackles (like Warrior brand shackles), Summit Racing also offers after market shackles for around $20).

In the salt-belt, The OEM Explorer rear spring shackles are know to rust to the point where the collapse. What exactly are you trying to do? Many here have replaced the thin stamped steel OEM shackles with aftermarket shackles (like Warrior brand shackles), Summit Racing also offers after market shackles for around $20).
Get 2 or 2 1/2 inch shackles made by protune suspension $40 free shipping on Ebay

Back