Shaggy

Triton46

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer Sport
Not sure how to rate this one....

I purchased a passenger headlight from Shaggy. Transaction began on 2/24/2002 and ended 3/27/2002 with the wrong headlight being sent.

Seller would not use Paypal or COD...only cash or check. I was not comfortable with cash/check so decided to send package/money at the same time with tracking. One month later (or the amount of time to set up and receive funds from paypal) my package was sent with lots of excuses.

I was uneasy to say the least so I waited for package to arrive so I could check it out. Low and behold it was my headlight but the wrong one (driver side instead of passenger side). I sent money to Shaggy (aka Brian Franck) but asked where the passenger headlight was...no response by email or board.

So, I was pleased that I finally got an item shipped from him after one month but am disappointed that the item was mis-represented. Buyer beware.

[edit]Seller contacted me with a mutually benefitial solution, read below[/edit]

I had nothing but great service from shaggy. I spoke to him one night and it shipped the next day. This was at my door within three days. Nicely packed and great. I have since spoken to him and would do business w/ him again. Thanks Brian. From what I undertstand he is pretty busy and accidents do happen.

After we agreed on how we were going to do shipment/payment (1 month of negotiations) he was prompt and emailed to give me the tracking number and personal information.

However, since discovering that the headlight is the wrong one I have yet to hear anything. I needed a passenger headlight and I ordered a passenger headlight.

I'll retract if he is working on a viable solution.

Update 4/2/02:

Shaggy/Brian contacted me last night as well as today about the situation. He offered an apology as well as a refund (shipping to be paid by him). I found this to be a generous solution.

:nono: *note to future sellers/buyers
Although this was only a $20 headlight, please be very specific in what you are selling. I am still in great need of a new headlight and they are quite hard/expensive to come by.

That being said, I feel that a good internet transaction is one that goes well or can be renegotiated for minimal loss to either party should things not work out. This meets my criteria and I change my negative feedback on Shaggy/Brian to positive.
:thumbsup:

Back