• Register Today It's free!

Shaking from 25 mph and up

bigge4685

Reaction score
City, State
orlando florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo 4.0 4x4
I have a 91 Mazda Navajo i just got all new rotors, calipers, bearings, and hubs put on. About 3 weeks after that the shaking started when i get it up to 25 mph. When i get up to speed it will not shake as much. It only shakes when i am on the accelerator, as soon as i let off of it, it will stop shaking. I also have brand new tires that i have had for 2 months they are bf good rich mud terrain, so i know the tires are not bad. I have put transmission fluid and engine oil in. I have checked the motor mounts and they look fine, and i don't think it is the u joints. SO IF ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK I WOULD APPRECIATE VERY MUCH.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

plugs or wires may be bad.

does it shake at idle to half throttle sitting in neutral?

Where does the "shaking" appear to come from (front, rear, engine, transmission, axles)? It is very common to have a newly balanced wheel throw a wheel weight and cause shaking/vibration issues. As for u-joints the 6 front drive line u-joints (3 on the front Drive shaft, and 3 on the front axles) aren't an issue in 2H with the hubs unlocked.. That leaves only the Rear drive shafts T-case u-joint and rear diff u-joint.. You should crawl under the truck and try and move them.. if they have any movement at all they need to be replaced... U-joints are cheap to replace compared to the damage a blow U-joint can cause. A blown rear u-joint often mangles the drive shaft resulting in you finding a replacement $$$. See the links in my sig for info and pics on replacing u-joints.

ya i am losing no power at all i forgot to mention that. I do not use 4x4 so the only thing i can think of is the rear joints like he said

i just dont know where to start to look at that and see if it bad and if it is some step step instructions to help me.

take the truck to a mechanic and have them look at the rear u-joints.

Back