Shaking front end

H2SO4

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Limited, V6
2019 Ford Explorer Limited, V6

Front end is shaking a bit. Passenger side tire (front end) is getting worn unevenly. Went to get an alignment at Big O tires, got it, but the manager said it wasn't perfect because the strut on the passenger side was bent. I took it home. I don't see that it is bent. Could it be bent but not seen by naked eye? Could the shaking and uneven tire wear be caused by something else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front end is shaking a bit. Passenger side tire (front end) is getting worn unevenly. Went to get an alignment at Big O tires, got it, but the manager said it wasn't perfect because the strut on the passenger side was bent. I took it home. I don't see that it is bent. Could it be bent but not seen by naked eye? Could the shaking and uneven tire wear be caused by something else?
could be a slight bend. how much does it shake foes it shake most at a specific speed or just more as speed rises?

could be a slight bend. how much does it shake foes it shake most at a specific speed or just more as speed rises?
It doesn't shake a lot. It is more like the vibration you feel when you drive on grooved roads. Mostly when driving at highway speeds, but can happen at lower speeds too (35 mph and above). Strange because it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it starts shaking then stops. When it happens, I can feel it on the my steering wheel. The tire on the passenger's side is getting really worn on the inside.

If you’ve got uneven wear take it in for an alignment at a good shop. They’ll tell you what’s wrong with the front end. To test for an out of balance tire or bent rim swap the tires to the rear and see if it follows the tire.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I agree with taking it to an alignment shop. If their diagnosis is the same regarding the strut then you know what has to be done. Good luck.

Peter

Back