Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run?

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
I was thinking at the end of July we do our Cape Cod run. I am guessing we are gonna have more people going this time. Aaron if your out there get in here. Do you know if we will be able to use your camp again? I am also sure that Dan will be attending again as well. I really wanna do the camping trip out to that island like we were gonna do. I was thinking the 28th - 30th. I however will be avoiding P town for any shopping excursions. I will be willing to go down there for some food. Ike, What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribing to this!
Karl

Fordexplorer157 said:
I...will be avoiding P town for any shopping excursions. I will be willing to go down there for some food. Ike, What do you think?

I think you shouldn't be such a baby. :p
I also plan to go to the Cape myself on the 2nd weekend in June, and I may have a guest at the end of the month. If I do, I'll be bringing her to VT late that week then to the Cape on Saturday.

Keep each other posted.

Prez

izackary said:
I think you shouldn't be such a baby. :p

I seem to recall you were not impressed also. So does the end of July sound good?

im subscribing to this also. it would be nice to meet a couple of ya. im not sure about if i can go tho- i have orentation for college, baseball camp and a week in lake george(vacation) all planed between the middle of july and august.

I was just thinking about the P-town beach today.

I'd like to have it earlier in August, as I'm working 6 days a week until Aug 8th, and I might be moving out of MA for the 1st of September.

From what I can see, are plans for both the 4th of July weekend camping trip and the 4 Wheel Jamboree up in the air due to scheduling problems?

Aaon, where ya goin?

Actually, I'm headed to North Carolina in August!
Karl

Fordexplorer157 said:
I however will be avoiding P town for any shopping excursions. I will be willing to go down there ...

You'll be willing to go down there...??

Forget the chaps!!

We need to get a date for Cape Cod. Early August is good for me or late july. Lets get this on the road

i will go the sunday and monday as i work till 8am saturday morning...

this might be the last one i get to go on for a few years.

SoBeLover said:
and the 4 Wheel Jamboree FONT]

where and when is this??

Fordexplorer157 said:
We need to get a date for Cape Cod. Early August is good for me or late july. Lets get this on the road

The weekends I like best are:

8/11 (Fri) - 8/13 (Sun)
8/18 (Fri) - 8/20 (Sun)

davidmmm69 said:
i will go the sunday and monday as i work till 8am saturday morning...

this might be the last one i get to go on for a few years.

FYI, David, the NPS at Race Point requires 4wd, and yes, you will need it. The hills are steep and loose enough that 2wd without low range and/or mudders won't cut it. In fact even some flat parts can be tricky in 2wd. Your 4x4 should definately be adequate though as long as you're comfortable airing down to 11 psi or lower.

anybody staying for monday also.
I have most sundays and every monday off.

II missed it last year,and will not miss it this year.

davidmmm69 said:
anybody staying for monday also.
I have most sundays and every monday off.

II missed it last year,and will not miss it this year.

HAHA, David. I thought you moved away to a remote island. Use Vacation Time. I have sundays and mondays off also. You say, your going this time... I will be watching for you.

Fordexplorer157 said:
HAHA, David. I thought you moved away to a remote island. Use Vacation Time. I have sundays and mondays off also. You say, your going this time... I will be watching for you.

i guess you could say i kinda did. i got into some bad things before I moved back up here and in January they mysteriously caught up with me in the form of 8 to 10 US Marshals. needless to say I am ordered not to have computers in my house until I go to court have been going back and forth to florida cause of this. and just had to sign a plea deal which needless to say for the next 2 and half years my explorer will get very little mileage on it...
I am taking my week vacation next week.. and any other time i have i had to save for my next time i have to go to florida.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

davidmmm69 said:
i guess you could say i kinda did. i got into some bad things before I moved back up here and in January they mysteriously caught up with me in the form of 8 to 10 US Marshals. needless to say I am ordered not to have computers in my house until I go to court have been going back and forth to florida cause of this. and just had to sign a plea deal which needless to say for the next 2 and half years my explorer will get very little mileage on it...
I am taking my week vacation next week.. and any other time i have i had to save for my next time i have to go to florida.
Cool! :D

Back