Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So far here is a recap of people saying they are 100% in.

Myself
Dan
Issac
Aaron
Sandy
John
unabonked (Dont know your real name.)

If you are going try to pick up a CB radio. We will be useing that to talk to eachother. If we have some last minute people wanting to go please confirm asap. I really wanna get a head count. I know there are some people subscrived to this thread. David are you gonna come? I need a answer soon. After everything is confirmed we can go forward about finding a place to sleep. Hotel? Campsite?

Fordexplorer157 said:
The Explorer is on its way out the door. The Dakota is 4X4 Quad Cab Sport. Fully Loaded

This means we get to make fun of you, and we will have to take photos of us pulling you with towstraps (even if you don't get stuck).

Congrats.

Fordexplorer157 said:
The Explorer is on its way out the door. The Dakota is 4X4 Quad Cab Sport. Fully Loaded

Why are you getting rid of your Explorer Matt? And does that mean we will be electing a new VP?

I like the idea of camping out

V8BoatBuilder said:
This means we get to make fun of you, and we will have to take photos of us pulling you with towstraps (even if you don't get stuck).

Congrats.
Dude, this is Matt, with little weight over his rear! He'll definately get stuck. :D Matt, once we're in open areas with no ranger babysitters looking....i WILL race you!

LMAO I knew this would get of topic. Its in the works. If it falls through I am looking at a F150. Its up to Ike if he will keep me as a VP.

SoBeLover said:

Why are you getting rid of your Explorer Matt? And does that mean we will be electing a new VP?

I like the idea of camping out

Fordexplorer157 said:
So far here is a recap of people saying they are 100% in.

Myself
Dan
Issac
Aaron
Sandy
John
unabonked (Dont know your real name.)

If you are going try to pick up a CB radio. We will be useing that to talk to eachother. If we have some last minute people wanting to go please confirm asap. I really wanna get a head count. I know there are some people subscrived to this thread. David are you gonna come? I need a answer soon. After everything is confirmed we can go forward about finding a place to sleep. Hotel? Campsite?

have you decided on a date yet..
i have to work the next 2 sunday mornings. only from 6am to 8am,

will be coming down with my 95.

David

If you look back in the thread the date has been posted many times and was made final. Even if the beach was closed we were gonna figure somthing out. Its AUGUST 18th to the 20th! Your 95 will not be allowed on the beach... Has to be 4wd....

davidmmm69 said:
have you decided on a date yet..
i have to work the next 2 sunday mornings. only from 6am to 8am,

will be coming down with my 95.

Fordexplorer157 said:
David

! Your 95 will not be allowed on the beach... Has to be 4wd....

total discrimination

that is much better than my 2002 4 wheel drive.

davidmmm69 said:
total discrimination
that is much better than my 2002 4 wheel drive.
If they didn't every 2WD owner would be demanding identical beach access... I for one don't want to get stuck behind some Taurus owner. :D :roll:

DeRocha said:
If they didn't every 2WD owner would be demanding identical beach access... I for one don't want to get stuck behind some Taurus owner. :D :roll:

Me neither, I'm more concerned about getting myself stuck

Last year we saw everything from Lifted F350s on 35s to stock AWD Honda CRVs out on the beach. People who got stuck we acting dumb. People who drove smart were fine, no matter what vehicle they were in.

Beach off-roading is about the mildest "off-roading" you can get. No rocks to dent your undercarriage, no deep streams to hydrolock your engine, no tight turns to get around. All you need to do is air your tires down, and drive smart. Heck, the campers and RVs are 2wd. But - they do tear up and rut the dunes. If everyone 2wd truck tried to wheel the beach, and left ruts from spinning tires, the beach would be so rutted in a matter of weeks it would be subject to ferocious erosion. The campers are limited to a very small section of beach, very close to the entrance.

However, beach driving on Cape Cod is a privilege. Everyone and their Mom wants to do it, and not everyone respects the fragile ecosystem on the beach. As a result, the National Park Service sets a few rules. We need to follow them, because, believe it or not, they are for our own good. In fact, the NPS's rules rarley get in the way, for example, we can have a fire, at 4:00am on the beach if we want! Find another beach on Cape Cod where you can bring your dog onto the beach, let alone firewood!!

Fordexplorer157 said:
LMAO I knew this would get of topic. Its in the works. If it falls through I am looking at a F150. Its up to Ike if he will keep me as a VP.

I think he should keep you anyway as VP :D

OK, homies. First off, my apologies for not being on here as often as I ought to be. I have and continue to be very busy with work and work-/living-related decisions and dilemmas. So I may or may not be on more soon, but I can't say as of yet.

David: Trust me when I say that even if your 2wd is locked, there are steep tall dunes that would be extremely difficult for you to climb up without low-range. I have a L/S and only had a shot in low. High range was hopeless. As John pointed out, no one wants to be stuck behind someone who can't make it even if it's simply not your day. The CRV made it over the dunes and if he did, your stock 4x4 definately can. Matt's did fine just on his Michelin all-seasons, and he has the sissy pushrod 4.slOw. You'll have plenty of fun in that, trust me. :D

Dan, good find on the campsites. I suggest everyone looks at each to weigh how well they suit your own needs and we'll decide on one. I'm sure we can share tents; Dan has a nice one he could share with Matt...I have an ample-sized one that I'm told will fit 4, so when we narrow down how few tents we can get away with, we can make a decision and a reservation. Worst case scenario, we all have folding rear seats, right? :p

izackary said:
...Worst case scenario, we all have folding rear seats, right? :p

I'd be totally tempted to try the fishing pole on the beach trick and fall asleep to the sound of the surf crashing. Fo free.

V8BoatBuilder said:
I'd be totally tempted to try the fishing pole on the beach trick and fall asleep to the sound of the surf crashing. Fo free.
Totally! That was my original plan. I wonder if the rangers would give us trouble. If anything tell them everyone else is sleeping to trick the fish. :D

Fo free fo sho!

"Be wery wery quiet... we're 'unting fishies!"

I still remember the classic "heeere fishy fishy fishy!....*thud*"

Old School Sesame Street....If I could only find Ernie's secret fishing spot...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back