Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shall We Start Planning a Cape Cod Run?

ha centervilles nice, im always around there but whenever this is goin down, lemme know and il be glad to join up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update.

Dan was suppose to reserve 3 campsites at 26 dollars a night. I have not heard from him yet. If he gets stuck with the bill and smone does not pay. He will be angry.

John:

Sorry about your dad. If you cant make it, I am sure we will understand.

Everyone that wanted to go, post and let us know for sure....we need to know how many are attending

Apparently most campgrounds will only take a three night minimum on reservations. I'll call the Coastal Acres Campground tommorow and see what they can do for us. Otherwise we get what we get on a Per overnight basis.

- Dan

green_mtns said:
P – Town. (ugh….)

http://www.dunes-edge.com/ $35.00 a night 15 mins from Race Point

http://www.coastalacres.com/ $26.00 a night 15 mins from race point.

North Truro (A little farther from P-Town…)

http://www.ntcacamping.com/accomm.asp $30 a night 20 mins from Race Point.

Well Fleet (Far away from P – Town!)

http://www.mauricescampground.com/ $32.00 a night 30 mins from race point.

My source:

http://www.insidecapecod.com/main-campground3.htm

Ok..I'm reporting from the Road Centerville MA.. About 60miles West of Provincetown.. Due to prior family committments I couldn't make it down to provincetown until Saturday morning @ 11am.. I called Ike and Matt and they were out with Dan and his cousin getting some breakfast.. Anyway I stopped by the ranger station, handed over my driver's license & registration, watched the new DVD video (much better than the choppy has hell VHS version that was falling apart) paid $40 and got my new sticker.. Because my vehicle was already in the system the didn't need to inspect it, but I still needed to watch the video.. :rolleyes: When I rolled back to the Air station Ike and Matt were coming in.. Matt and I aired down, but Isaac had issues with his VT tags and couldn't get a permit.. :( I could only stay until 2pm (and had to blow out of town to attend a memorial service)... I will be returning in the AM for round 2...

Hey, John

I suppose you heard what happened to me. Seems I spent more money the week I was in Vermont than I intended to. When I met up with Matt at the Cape, I went to the ATM to get the money to pay for my campsite, and found out my account had insufficient funds. Before I arrived home I checked my bank balance at my home bank to find out the damage to my account. Seems I did something I've never done in the time I've had that account, I overdrew it :eek:

After spending from 11 AM to 8:30 PM on the road driving from Colchester, Vermont, to the Cape, except for 4 stops totalling 2 hours, I had to head back to CT that night, luckily I had enough cash to fill up my Explorer for the return trip. After leaving the Cape at around 9:30 PM, I drove until 1:30 AM, when I was just too tired to drive anymore. My daughter was already asleep in the back seat. So I pulled into a rest stop, closed my windows, except for leaving the moonroof open an inch for air, locked my doors, set my cell phone alarm for 6:30 AM and went to sleep. I arrived home at 8:30 this morning and except for unloading only essential items, I went back to sleep until 3:30 this afternoon. I'm so sorry to hear about Isaac's problem with his plates. I'm really looking forward to any pics you guys took. I'll even share some of the pics my budding photographer daughter took of our Vermont vacation. Peace to all

SoBeLover said:
Hey, John

I suppose you heard what happened to me. Seems I spent more money the week I was in Vermont than I intended to. When I met up with Matt at the Cape, I went to the ATM to get the money to pay for my campsite, and found out my account had insufficient funds. Before I arrived home I checked my bank balance at my home bank to find out the damage to my account. Seems I did something I've never done in the time I've had that account, I overdrew it :eek:
Sorry to hear about your banking trouble. You should consider yourself lucky that nothing (in terms of unplanned) illness or mechanical breakdowns :roll: occured or you could've been in some hot water. I realize everyone is different, but I would never travel out of state without being able to get my hands on 1-2k for any repairs or emergency.. My Daughters and I didn't make it back for Sunday due to the rain as well as its continued forcast throughout the day.. We do plan on going back down for round 2 Thursday night or early Friday (not sure which). I am in the process of uploaded my pics and video and should have it available shortly...

I finally got back from our trip to Race Point out on the Cape in Mass. It was 40 dollars for a weeks pass to wheel and enjoy the beaches. The turn out for club members was very low this year. People had different things going on. Myself, John and Issac were all able to make the trip. Issac was not able to get his Explorer on the beach due to some issues with his registration. Well here are the pics. I did see something very sad. We found a dead Dolphin on the beach shore. Iam not going to post it unless a Mod Oks it.

2431749_22_full.jpg

2431749_23_full.jpg

2431749_24_full.jpg

2431749_25_full.jpg

2431749_26_full.jpg

2431749_27_full.jpg

2431749_28_full.jpg

2431749_10_full.jpg

2431749_11_full.jpg

2431749_14_full.jpg

2431749_15_full.jpg

2431749_16_full.jpg

2431749_12_full.jpg

2431749_17_full.jpg

2431749_18_full.jpg

2431749_29_full.jpg

2431749_30_full.jpg

2431749_31_full.jpg

2431749_32_full.jpg

2431749_21_full.jpg

Stay off the Juice ike....

2431749_19_full.jpg

John, Have you been working out with Issac?

Heres some videos I took

Click here to watch driving-43

Click here to watch tunnel-26

Click here to watch bostontraffic

Matt, I see no reason not to post a photo of a dead dolphin if you want to.

The pics look great, some day I'd like to get up there.

Alright here it is. A couple kids no older then 7 or 8 were touching it and playing with it. The parents did not stop them nor did they even say anything to them.

2431749_13_full.jpg

GJarrett said:
Matt, I see no reason not to post a photo of a dead dolphin if you want to.

The pics look great, some day I'd like to get up there.

Matt and is new ride...
114_1415_WEB.jpg

114_1411_WEB.jpg

114_1424_WEB1.jpg

Isaac doing a little surf casting (although I don't think your technically supposed to be in the surf while you're casting :D )
114_1406_WEB.jpg

114_1404_WEB.jpg

The Catch of the day..
114_1407_WEB.jpg

The One that didn't get away...
114_1409_WEB.jpg

Trying to save the little minows that beached themselves during the blue fish run... Blue fish are voracious and hunt large schools of minows, driving them towards the shallow water where they become a large mass @ which point the feeding frenzy begins... See video link at the end...

114_1420_WEB.jpg

114_1419_WEB.jpg

Dialup warning 18mb file of the blue fish run.
Cape cod Blue Fish run (Putfile)

Fordexplorer157 said:
John,

Do you have that picture of myself standing next to my x?

How about this one... I like to call it "taste like chicken"
114_1421_WEB.jpg

I do have some more pics to post, but I have to resize them (they are all 1600x1200) and optimize them so they meet the sites upload limitations. Sorry to see the dolphin on the shore (I wonder if it was ill). It is common to find lots of stuff on the sure, but not for long as they gulls, crabs and other wildlife will pick it clean overnight.
114_1414_WEB.jpg

pics look great. too bad they would not allow my truck on the beach.so so sad. but oh well. my work schedule does not allow for me to do these things with you guys cause you mostly do them friday night to sunday.
and my work doesn;t end till saturday morning and i need to get sleep so usualy early sunday is the earliest for me.

The pics are great!!! Matt did you actually eat that fish?

Had I been there I would have been trying to catch some bluefish using the minnows as bait, I love fried bluefish

I was not planning on it. But I bet if someone hit my hand it would of went in.

SoBeLover said:
The pics are great!!! Matt did you actually eat that fish?

Had I been there I would have been trying to catch some bluefish using the minnows as bait, I love fried bluefish

SoBeLover said:
It would be like a needle in a haystack... The blue fish are swarming around a school of 100,000 little minnows so having one go after a few on a hook would be a miracle.. I talked to some locals and they would cast over the feeding frenzy with lures having multiple hooks. They would then reel it in quick and hope to snag one in the process..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was at the beach that same day... I thought that it was you guys but was not sure... I guess I was expecting to see more Ex's...

We set up on the north side and the bluefish came kicking ass through at about 1730-1800 hrs. We cought our fair share. I just wish there would have been a striper or two in that boil. Oh well... It was a nice day anyways..

Jeff

Back