shark fin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shark fin

jsedzzz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer limited
anyone know whats going on with visual garage? I have ordered a 2014 limited explorer and want to get my hands on a shark fin antenna but their site is shut down, stated it would be back online july 1st?? the shark fin looks great on the explorers that I have seen on here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone know whats going on with visual garage? I have ordered a 2014 limited explorer and want to get my hands on a shark fin antenna but their site is shut down, stated it would be back online july 1st?? the shark fin looks great on the explorers that I have seen on here
According to their website, they are in the process of upgrading their website. During that time they are unable to process or take any orders.
They do say they will launch the new website July 1st. Like many planned launches, I assume they have run into some complications. There is a place to enter your email address so that you will be notified when they are up and running again.

Peter

I have a shark fin and its been great ,but all of sudden I have problems with AM STATIONS with all kinds of static I am unsure what to do .Is it in any affected BY the myford update as i got a notice to have it done .If not what is involved to correct

I have a shark fin and its been great ,but all of sudden I have problems with AM STATIONS with all kinds of static I am unsure what to do .Is it in any affected BY the myford update as i got a notice to have it done .If not what is involved to correct
Static is usually associated with signal strength, or more properly, lack thereof. It really should not have anything to do with MFT updates. Have you checked the antenna connections?
What update info did Ford send you? The latest version is 3.5.1 that came out last December. With that you require an A4 S/D card for the Nav.

Peter

thanks for the replays.....i have entered my email....I have probably 8 weeks before the explorer is delivered so I have time ... just getting my mods ready to install the first weekend....going to get the BMC rear bumper cover also...

Anyone go feedback for these? Do they help or hinder reception ? I like the looks but wonder how the Sirius or standard reception would be. Our explorer picks up pretty well but our las vehicle, a Buick enclave, would drop reception or Sirius if a big enough bird flew overhead!

Anyone go feedback for these? Do they help or hinder reception ? I like the looks but wonder how the Sirius or standard reception would be. Our explorer picks up pretty well but our las vehicle, a Buick enclave, would drop reception or Sirius if a big enough bird flew overhead!
If you do an 'Advanced Search' on 'shark fin ' in the Modified 2011+ Ford Explorer Discussion thread you will find a few posts on the shark fin antenna and their performance.

Peter

I recently ordered the Fin from Visual Garage. Here is there email: sales@visualgarage.com. The contact guy I got was Arthur.

Found the email off another board since there web site is still under construction. Just shot them a cold email and told them exactly what I wanted. Within hours they responded and sent a PayPal invoice. I think it was $87 shipped.

Additionally. AM frequencies are very weird and often times can be affected by meteorological conditions and many other factors..... They best way to check to see if your having problems is to go out on a clear cool night. This is when those frequencies are best transmitted and received. Hope this helps.....

Thanks very much for the email address, I will shoot them an email today

I emailed visual garage yesterday and they quickly responded....super helpful....they knew my paint code, which one would fit etc.
sent me an invoice. Does anyone know if the paint code for the white platinum tri-coat metallic is M7204A (UG)? Arthur suggested I confirm that before ordering.

I emailed visual garage yesterday and they quickly responded....super helpful....they knew my paint code, which one would fit etc.
sent me an invoice. Does anyone know if the paint code for the white platinum tri-coat metallic is M7204A (UG)? Arthur suggested I confirm that before ordering.
The paint code is shown on a sticker located on the driver's side door jamb at the very bottom. Not sure how that translates.
However, I do have a small bottle of the touch up paint and on it there is a number, UG PMP-19500-7204A.

Peter

Attachments

• P3230324b.jpg
    P3230324b.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,786

Very helpful Peter.....thank you...I will go ahead and order the shark fin and have it awaiting the arrival of the explorer

Not anymore I guess... although the site is still down it was mentioned here they still took orders via email so I sent a request and got this:

Thank you for contacting us! We are currently upgrading our website and unfortunately are not able to take orders either through the website or through email. Please visit www.visualgarage.com to leave your email, and we'll update you once our new site is ready in July 2013.

Supposed to be back in business in July (today is July 26) so hopefully they get things figured out over there. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else read they were still taking orders while the page is offline and was going to try.

Not anymore I guess... although the site is still down it was mentioned here they still took orders via email so I sent a request and got this:

Thank you for contacting us! We are currently upgrading our website and unfortunately are not able to take orders either through the website or through email. Please visit www.visualgarage.com to leave your email, and we'll update you once our new site is ready in July 2013.

Supposed to be back in business in July (today is July 26) so hopefully they get things figured out over there. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else read they were still taking orders while the page is offline and was going to try.

T-1000, you'll probably get an e-mail back from them. I sent an e-mail to them last week and they sent me a Pay Pal invoice, I sent them the payment, and just received shipping confirmation today saying it's on the way.

T-1000, you'll probably get an e-mail back from them. I sent an e-mail to them last week and they sent me a Pay Pal invoice, I sent them the payment, and just received shipping confirmation today saying it's on the way.

Hope so - Did you get that automated reply first (that I pasted above)?

Hope so - Did you get that automated reply first (that I pasted above)?

Yes, I received the automated reply in the morning and later that afternoon they sent me another e-mail "You've received an invoice via Pay Pal"

I ordered mine last week and it shipped today. I don't know what is up with their website being down but they have been excellent to deal with via email. I will update when I get it

I can update that after sending an email and receiving an auto response that they were not taking orders I got an invoice the following day and was able to order/pay for the antenna. Now just waiting for it to arrive!

My shark fin arrived yesterday....Nicely packaged .... Paint color looks good! Detailed instructions for installation ..,. Now I just need my explorer to arrive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer arrived

I am picking up my explorer today and will install the shark fin this weekend. Getting windows tinted tomorrow. I will update bout the install

Back