Shell V-Power | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shell V-Power

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ihave been for about 3 mos now.I truly believe I can feel a diff, but thats my perception.
At $2.65 a Gal, Iwent back to cheap gas over at costco $2.49

Did you notice any improvement in the mileage department?

Al I never ck my milage as I always have my foot in it around town.
Have not used it on a long road trip where I average 20-22 mpg, did notice perhaps a little more kick and maybe a smoother idle.
All we can get is 91 octane @ $2.65 p/Gal, what can you buy in your local?

We can get 93 which today at Mobil, was $2.279.

I used it and didn't see any difference whatsoever. Of course, my car only had about 2800 miles on it at that point.

damn...i get it for like 1.90 a gallon.....i love texas maan

The ads were up at all the pumps last year and then the suddenly disappeared. I used it soley untill they removed the ads. I am not sure it did have a positive effect because I was in-need of a tune-up at the time. I have been wondering though. Why did they remove the ads from all the their stores up here in NY?

I say it's a marketing gimmick. And they sort of picked the wrong time for launching a "better gas" that just happens to cost more.

Gasoline is gasoline, you have no control over what comes out the hose.

I use it, only because I always fill up at shell and I've got a chip so I've gotta go with premium. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever from the old stuff.

EDIT: I should note that I only ran a few tanks of V-power before changing my transmission. I now have better highway mileage, but I attribute it to the trans and not the fuel.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I have never had much luck with Shell gas in the mileage department. And I keep meticulous mileage records. Maybe this "V-Power" deserves a 2nd look. 93 octane is currently $2.05 here. V-Power I guess would be a higher price.

I like BP/Amoco gas. At least that's what I'm running at the moment...currently testing its 93 octane. Got 14.0-14.5 mpg in summer. 13.9 last tank though--cooler weather hurting me?

Up here in MN gas isn't horrible yet, still hovering around 2 bucks a gallon. To the person who said you can't control what comes out of the hose, sure you can, speedway/superamerica, BP/amoco, conoco, shell... pick one. More than likely though, 3 or more of them get the same gas from the same refinery, but still...

I use Amoco/BP 87. About 1.92/gal up here right now. I get about 220 Miles in town per tank in my 94 OHV. I've used the shell V-Power stuff, and at $2.18/gal, it didn't do crap for my truck. Actually, i noticed less mileage in city than with the BP 87. Got about 190 miles on a tank. Nothing changed.

Every once in a while i'll throw in a can of STP gas stuff to clean it out, but i haven't done that in 3 months. :)

That's just my $.02

Goob your most likely correct and gas may all be the same, I do think certain gas such as chevron make for better running engines, but again is all perception.
dump a bottle of techrolene in my tank every 4K miles, seems to work, maybe so, maybe not

chevron gas has fuel injector cleaner already in it.... im betting that the vpower shell is the same way......

im with spindlecone on this, gas is more expensive here in CA than anywhere else in the 48 continuos US states..... i filled up today @ just some no name place, $2.33 for 87 octane

driving with 110 octane..

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be driving with about 110 octane fuel over here in Germany very soon.. :D

Quakecom

a buddy of mine swears by the stuff, gets it every time he fills up and says he can feel the difference.

i think he's crazy, i'm with hartman on thinking that it's just marketing hype. i tried a tank of it out and it didn't make any difference, and my MPG was not noticably different than usual.

Gas is gas, octane for octane. I use whatever is cheapest. That's 87 for the X, & 93 for my Acura.

can't you really do some damage to explorers using 93+ octane gas? The engines are designed around 87...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not if you have a chip programmed for 93 octane...

Back